(Closed) 1/3 carat round with 6 prongs?

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
3228 posts
Sugar bee

@VolFins:  For rounds I don’t like anything other than 6 prongs! I love love love 6 prongs! Here is a ring that I don’t have anymore but I think it’s exactly what you are looking for. It was .30 in a six prong setting. I don’t think it makes the diamond look small at all. I’ve always thought 6 prongs makes the diamond look larger. 

Untitled

Post # 4
5507 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

@JustLove25:  You are too funny!! 🙂 Where did all these rings go??? Love the heart though!

Post # 5
2903 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@JustLove25:  I agree 100%, 6 prongs make it look bigger!

Also, the better quality diamond you get, the bigger it will look too. I had a 1/3 round for my very first set and 6 prongs and very good quality was a must for me.

Post # 6
Hostess
1427 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think its a personal preference. I’m going against the grain; I prefer 4 prongs since I feel that there’s more visible stone and sparkle and less metal.

Post # 7
3228 posts
Sugar bee

@wrkbrk:  I don’t have them anymore.. either sold or returned LOL Thanks! 

Post # 8
666 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Mine is 4 prongs and is .84 carat.  I like the way it looks like less metal covering the stone.

Post # 9
8044 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

I think it all depends on the prongs. If you have thick prongs it can obscure the diamond and look too metal-heavy.

If you have thin, delicate prongs (like on a real Tiffany setting) it can look really good.

I’d just suggest seeing the ring in real life prior to buying it… or if you’re going w. something like Blue Nile, knowing the return policy is good (I know Blue Nile has a good one).

Post # 11
3228 posts
Sugar bee

@VolFins:  Not at all. I think they look great. 

Post # 12
737 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

My stone is just under 1/2 ct.  It has 6 thin prongs and an antique round cut stone (Old European Cut – a predecessor to Round Brilliant)

Post # 13
1114 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Mine’s only 1/4 carat, but had 6 prongs. I don’t think they make the stone look smaller.

Post # 15
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I don’t think it makes it look smaller at all!  I have a .25 carat six prong ring.  Unless the prongs are really big, you shouldn’t have any issues.

Post # 16
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I have always wondered the same thing lol

Here is my 1/3 center but in 4 prongs so you can compare:

The topic ‘1/3 carat round with 6 prongs?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors