(Closed) 13 days away and….

posted 7 years ago in June 2011
Post # 3
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

I don’t usually like to recommend this diet- but if you cut out carbs (only eat up to 15 carbs a day)- which means you eat eggs, lean meat, some cheese, lettuce- you will definitely shed pounds fast.

Good luck!

Post # 4
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

If you haven’t already, cut out any sodas, coffee and caffeinated anything.  Limit your salt and try making your fat only come from things like olive oil and avocado and you should knock any of the bloat out that may be just enough. 

Good luck!!!

Post # 6
928 posts
Busy bee

O no!! I’m so sorry, with being this close you don’t need anything else to stress you out! No worries, though, it will be fine!!

Like PP have said, it’s completely doable! Cut carbs, soda and anything other than water, sugar, salt, any and all junk food, and anything processed. Basically, when you go into the grocery store, stay away from the inside aisles and stick to the outside. Buy fresh fruits and vegies, lean meats like chicken or fish, eggs and drink a lot of water. You can buy frozen meat or produce but just make sure it’s not breaded, fried, or dripping in sauces. Nuts are great to snack on and if they are raw or lightly seasoned, that’s really good to eat. Planter’s has differently flavored almonds and cashews and they are so good. Eat 3 meals a day with 2 snacks because you need to eat every couple hours to keep your metabolism going but make sure your portions are smaller; don’t overeat. A great way to jazz up your food is putting it on the grill. Season them with some low cal marinade or just olive oil and maybe your fav seasoning(mine is cajun) and pop it on the grill! Grill your meats, vegies, fruit…kabobs are really fun and taste so good! Make fresh salsa and use celery or another vegie as your chip. You can get carrot “chips” that are just sliced different and I use them a lot for fresh dips. Salads are great and to jazz them up, buy the mixed greens and just put all your fav vegies in it. Be careful with dressing and how much you use! I like just putting a fresh salsa or pico on mine or whatever I used to marinade my meat. If you love sandwishes, do lettuce wraps. If you have to go out to eat, do grilled meats and vegetable (watch the sauces). Coffee is fine, the caffeine will help with your energy level and it actually curbs yor appetite some; be careful, though. If you need sweets, eat grapes, pineapple, mango…I’ve learned that exotic fruit seem more like to a treat to me. For ice cream lovers, try putting low fat or cal cool whip in the freezer and whnever you just need that bite of something sweet, have a bite of that. 15 cals and all is good, just dn’t eat the whole tub! Frozen yogurt is a good treat and I would say reward yourself midway as your I’m almost there!

The other BIG component is exercie. If you don’t have a normal routine, just get out and go walking! Make sure you’re walking briskly and not just strolling and over the course of this week and next week, add time and hills to change it up. Go swimming, play tennis or basketball, jog, go the gym and do a class, do light weight training and cardio, walk your dog more…anything and everything to get active!

You can do this and while I don’t like “diets” persay, this is a little different and super short term. It’s only for 13 more days and if you want to be comfortable in your gown, you can do this! Keep it up!! Hang in there and just keep your eye on the gown 🙂 You got this!!

Post # 7
491 posts
Helper bee

I agree with PP.  Cut out salt, drink TONS of water, stay away from carbs as much as possible.  Eat lots of fruits and veggies and don’t drink pop or ALCOHOL which will make you puffy and maybe retain water. 

As for exercise, do some weight training or at least cardio.  Walk outside or on the treadmill if you can.  You can do it!

Post # 8
149 posts
Blushing bee

Indeed, drink a lot of water, so you can loos all fluids in your body. Drink soup and eat a lot of fruit and vegetables!Use the stairs, not the elevator at work and instead of watching the tele, go for a walk.

Good luck girl!

Post # 9
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I think the ladies covered it all! Eat tons of FRESH green veggies, limit your olive oil (any oil), try to eat as healthy as possible, if you are going to have a carb have brown rice.  Don’t overdue fruit (one a day max), increase your green veggies, lean chicken (no breading) if you eat meat but fresh beans for protein if you don’t eat meat, watch your salad dressing — try squeezing fresh lemon or orange on it instead. Water, water, water.

Post # 10
1830 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

To keep your metabolism up, I say exercise, exercise, exercise, but make sure you’re getting enough calories during the day to keep your body from going into starvation mode!   I find a mix of strength training and cardio is most effective – perhaps get into a Zumba class (huge calorie burner) and mix that up with something like Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, which has pretty fast results as well.  

I know you said you drink a lot of water – keep that up!   Also, limit salt intake so you don’t have any water retention or bloating, which of course makes things worse.  Did you try your dress on with all of your proper undergarments?  I’m assuming you did, but if not, you can always look at something like Spanx or something along those lines…

Good luck!  

Post # 11
3601 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

PP have given you some great advice. Again, cutting out carbs is usually not healthy, but for 13 days, an healthy individual will probably be ok.

I second the low carb, no alcohol, minimal sodium approach. I would also drink only water.

The topic ‘13 days away and….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors