14 lbs overnight? Help shed some light…

posted 3 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
Hostess
9910 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

@NurseMandie:  did you stand on the scale funny?  I know it’s a weird question but i know depending on how I stand on my scale it will read differently.

I can’t imagine losing 14lbs and not being able to SEE it in the mirror either.

Post # 4
900 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@NurseMandie:  I’m nearly positive there is a mistake 14lbs overnight….I just don’t see how that’s possible.

Scale off? did you try multiple scales?  Either your starting weight wasn’t right or this final weight wasn’t right.  I don’t think it’s possible.

Post # 5
1499 posts
Bumble bee

If you are feeling ill at all, I would go see a doctor and explain, rapid weight loss like that can indicate other issues.

Post # 6
559 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

If you only stepped on the scale once, get on it again and see what it says. It’s more likely a scale error. Water weight could also be a factor and I could see it fluctuating 5lbs maybe, but 14 overnight seems way off. Weigh again.

Post # 7
3410 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Scale batteries dying?? I had something similar happen once, and believe me I had not lost the 10 pounds it told me… I wish!

Post # 8
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I think you need a new scale.

Post # 10
584 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Broken scale, babe.

It’a fairly likely that you were slowly losing weight over a few weeks and the scale just got stuck at ita high point, or it’s just broken.

Try having your SO hop on the scale, or weighing yourself on a different one.

Post # 11
2063 posts
Buzzing bee

that’s definitely alarming and i think it has something to do with your scale. try a different one for sure. i once thought i was RAPIDLY dropping weight (i was trying at the time so i was soooo excited). until i realized the one very corner of my scale was on the bath mat the TINIEST bit. i corrected it and my weight was back to normal : (  haha. i’m sure this isn’t medically related and is just an error on the scale. try not to panic, i’m sure all is okay! get to another scale as soon as you can.

Post # 12
3265 posts
Sugar bee

My digital scale needs a bit of a “refresh” every once in a while. I have to put the cat on it or something else to that stuck number off then retry weighing myself to get the proper number.

Post # 13
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

When my scale’s batteries need changing it starts going loopy.  It’ll take forever to settle on a value, and I can get a wildly different value just by stepping off and right back on again.  

Our cats’ litterbox is in our bathroom, and I’ve also noticed some erratic scale behavior that’s solved by brushing the random grain of litter off one of the pads.  Female cat also likes to stuff hairties under the scale, which can ALSO throw things off.  Lordy, but scales can be touchy!

Post # 14
8593 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I had a scale that suddenly started doing random numbers, 5, 10, 15 lbs off in either direction.  Sometimes it would say the exact same thing if I got back on but the next day it would be something different.  New batteries!

Post # 15
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@LiliKitty:  is the kitty happy with her weight…?

haha.. sorry, i thought it was funny. I have been guilty of weighing my cat on the scale at home just cuz I am curious. Although I weigh myself holding her, and then without holding her because she won’t stand on it for me… 

@Phamnomenon:  +1 to the litter affecting the scale

Post # 16
3265 posts
Sugar bee

@Giraffelover:  I think she doesn’t like it when she hasn’t had a chance to use her box. She fluctuates between 6.5 and 7. I always tell her that she’s tiny and petite and feed into her ultimate queen of the household diva-ness.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors