14 Years!

posted 3 years ago in Relationships
Post # 2
496 posts
Helper bee

NO but we have been together 5 and have a kid. What made you decide to get married now? And were you waiting just because of the wedding? Did it feel different to finally be engaged or do you still feel like it is the same because your relationship was already strong? Just curious and if you don’t feel like answer that’s fine.

Post # 3
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

14yearsstrong:  Yes ma’am. We have been together for 15 years. Now engaged & wedding will be next year.  We have no kids tho.

Post # 4
1252 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We have been together 23 years, married for (almost) 1.

Congrats!  Your budget is totally doable. 

Oh! And 2 beautiful sons,  16 and 21.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Araya.
Post # 5
8910 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

14yearsstrong:  Yep – we got together quite young and were together for 13 years before we got engaged… we wanted to be fully settled into careers and feel like “grownups” first, which apparently took until our early 30s.  We had a wonderful relationship beforehand, we had a super awesome fun wedding, and we love being married.  Congrats, it’s an exciting time!

bluefrog33:  to answer your question: I didn’t think getting engaged / married would change things, since we already considered ourselves life partners for sure.  But it does feel just a little more comfortable and secure, which is cool.

Post # 6
8425 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

14yearsstrong:  I was with my husband for 5 years when we got married, but I don’t think there is ever a specific time to get married to the person you love, it’s just what works for each couple.  Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding! 

Post # 7
1248 posts
Bumble bee

we got engaged last august, made 9 years together in november, will make 10 years this november, then getting married next march. we dont have any kids together, and have been together since we were 16 & 17, so i feel like its really not a big deal that we’ve waited so long to actually get married. Congratulations to your family! Do you plan on incorporating your kids into the ceremony??

Post # 8
2578 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

DH and I were together for 11 1/2 years before we walked down the aisle. Our DD was 2 weeks away from turning 8 at the time. We did everything backwards… baby, house, then marriage.

Post # 9
889 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

We’re getting married next June which will be a couple of months after our 10 year anniversary.

We don’t have or want any children but we have lived together for over 8 years so I’m not expecting much to change… it’s just the icing on the cake really 🙂

Post # 10
496 posts
Helper bee

lolot:  awesome. Thanks. That’s kind of what I figured. Now that we are closer to getting married I definetly feel the way you said.

Post # 15
4043 posts
Honey bee

14yearsstrong:  Yep, DH and I got married last August just 12 days before our 10 year anniversary (so it was close)! We got engaged on our 9 year anniversary and married the following Fall.

We started dating young (15 and 17) and got married at 25 and 27. We wanted to wait until after college and a few years into our careers. Our goal was to feel emotionally, financially and career stable. Long term dating before marriage isn’t for everyone, but we have no regrets about it!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors