(Closed) 1.5 carat cushion cut solitare on a size 6 finger?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1820 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

It won’t actually matter… a size six finger on short, stubby hands is going to be totally different than a size six finger on a super thin, long hand.  Try on some different rings and go with what works best for YOU.

Post # 4
3261 posts
Sugar bee

I don’t have a cushion cut, but I do have a size 6 finger and a round diamond (center stone is 1.8 ct) and it never looks too big. Sometimes it even looks smaller than I thought it would. Also, I’ve heard cushions face up smaller than other diamond shapes.

Post # 5
5075 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

if this helps – 1.5 ct round on size 6 finger

Post # 6
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I don’t have one, but I have size 6.5 fingers that are long. honestly, I don’t think it would be too big, even if you went up to 2carats! go for it!

Post # 7
1041 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I have to agree with septcabride that it would also depend on finger length. You’d think people with the same ring size would have similar length fingers, but I was shocked to learn that my erhu instructor’s pinky was actually longer than mine, even though his hands are much, much smaller and I generally have long fingers (I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why I could barely reach a specific note with my pinky for the longest time). There’s even a lot of variation between the lengths of each finger on a hand.

P.S. It’d easy to imagine that my erhu instructor had one monster of a pinky, but it looked normal. Maybe mine is a dwarf pinky 😉

Post # 8
1866 posts
Buzzing bee

@Pollywog:  If you’re going for a cushion cut, please know that some diamonds “face up” bigger than others, even if they’re the same carat size.  Of course if you get one that faces up too large for its size then you’re going to lose sparkle.  So that being said, look at individual cushion cuts to decide, as they can look very different!  

Post # 10
871 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

My finger is a 4.25 and my ring is a two carat round cut I think it looks great so your ring definitely will look fine on your finger.

Post # 11
724 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I have a size 4.75 finger and a 2 carat center stone with a halo around it and I don’t think it looks too big on my tiny fingers at all! I think a 1.5 cushion will look gorgeous on your finger! 🙂

Post # 12
1595 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

don’t mean to be rude girls, but i’m pretty sure your comparable references are not comparable…just sayin

Post # 13
38 posts
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Pollywog:  My finger is 6.5 and is very short. My center stone is 1.25 so not as big as what you want but I thought it could be a decent reference point. With all the small stones the ring totals 2 carats. I am sorry that picture quality sucks (poor camera and lighting, and too much red…) but hopefully it will give you an idea. Just remember with cushion cut diamonds the faces can very greatly in size so your est bet is to go and look and try some sizes for comparison. 

Post # 14
1150 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Ontario, Canada

I have a 2.5ct antique old mine cushion soliaire on a size 5.5 finger. Not sure if that helps… Cushions do face up smaller than say a round brlliant, princess etc but they also have a different and stunning chunky fire to them which, personally, I love! They are classic but a bit different.

Post # 15
7904 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

I have a 1.4k round on a 5.5 finger. I don’t think it’s too big at all.

The topic ‘1.5 carat cushion cut solitare on a size 6 finger?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors