1.5 carat, D clarity, Round Brilliant COST?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
6812 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

D is color, not clarity. I’m not a diamond expert, but for D color and VVS1-2 (or even better than that), you’re probably looking at $20k for 1.5ct, if not more. You can check out bluenile for pricing info.

Post # 5
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Not sure if I’m allowed to tell you to check this out, but Price Scope will tell you all that info.

Post # 9
1992 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

It looks like the least expensive one that meets your criteria is about $21K

If you are not dead-set on a “D” color diamond, you can save yourself thousands. 

Post # 11
1992 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@orangeuexcited:  I mean this in a very nice way, but what makes you feel like you need a D color diamond? If you go down in color, you can get a fabulous stone for like 10K.

Are you particularly color sensitive? Have you tried on an “H” color stone for example and thought it was too yellow? Here is my solitaire for reference. It is an H color and lower clarity (SI2), but it is AMAZING!

Post # 12
3623 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@orangeuexcited:  On Blue Nile, for ideal cut and VVS2 or higher, at least $18.5k

Post # 14
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

An On-Line Diamond Store is the way to go when you are wanting to do an estimation such as this … one that specializes in loose diamonds like Pricescope or Blue Nile

A 1-1/2 Carat Diamond means that it fits into the range of 1.45 to 1.58

A quick look on Blue Nile using your preferred stats…

CARAT = 1.45 to 1.60 (they don’t have any 1.58s at this time)

CUT = Good to Excellent / Ideal

(all of these are examples, you can go higher or lower, or narrow things down even more)

And as of right now Blue Nile has 293 Diamonds in this range… and say that their LOWEST Priced Diamond is $ 9,553 and their HIGHEST Priced Diamond is $ 41,151

SEARCH RESULTS = http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-diamond-ring?elem=sub1&first_step=diamond&forceStep=DIAMONDS_STEP&track=rotator1

If you are NEW to buying Diamonds you might want to check out the Blue Nile Website, because besides being able to check out Diamonds on-line, they also have an excellent section on EDUCATION = http://www.bluenile.com/ca/diamonds/diamond-education?elem=head&track=main1

Hope this helps,

PS… In addition to the “traditional 4Cs”… you might also want to consider these other Cs as well…

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors