1.5 carat on size 5-6 finger?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

Mine’s 1.00 ct center, but it’s set VERY high, so it looks bigger than it is!

My fingers are also a size 4.5, but my ring is an even size 5!

Post # 4
151 posts
Blushing bee

oooh thats what I’m hoping to land myself 🙂

Posting to follow!

Post # 5
Hostess
2787 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@cls9q:  pointer, you might want to get the band in yellow gold, but the setting dipped in white gold, it keeps the colour of the diamond looking more white

Post # 7
151 posts
Blushing bee

Mine wont be here till… April or May? (waiting bee). 

But I will live vicariously through this thread 🙂

I sneaked to Tiffanys on my lunch break the other day…. sooo sparkly 🙂

I have a size 6 and the 1.5 looked BIG- not crazy flashy tacky big (like the 2 or 2.5 I tried) just… pleasantly plump 🙂 1 Carat also looked great so I’m hoping Ill end up 1–1.5 range. Wish I took some pics!

Post # 8
151 posts
Blushing bee

@BrandNewBride:  Beautiful ring! Curious about this: do you have a hard time putting winter/leather gloves on? Im looking at the cathedral type setting too. Would be happy to get bigger sized gloves but just wondered if this was a phenomena!

Post # 9
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

@LovelyCoCoBee:  Winter gloves are fine (even those really small knit ones!) The only gloves I’ve had a problem with are latex/synthetic medical gloves!

Post # 12
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@cls9q:  hey there! i have a 1.55 on a size 5 finger – i don’t feel like it looks too big at all 🙂 happy shopping!

Post # 13
151 posts
Blushing bee

@cls9q:  well I wouldnt worry about that! You just neither confirm nor deny with a wink and say “yes im a very lucky girl”. But for what its worth- 1.5 is not soooo huge that it will look fake or costumey- like I said. Pleasantly plump!

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2013

This is my very first post ever! My engagement ring is size 5.5 with a 1.4 carat and my finger is a size 5. For me, it the rock is waaaay bigger than anything I ever imagined wearing, and it definately look some getting used to! I love it so much now, but I was pretty awkward with it at first, and I actually ruined a pair of gloves before I figured out how to put them on over the ring properly! You will get used to it, and you will love it! 

Post # 15
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 1993

1.8 on a size 6.  Maybe it’s close.  I have small hands and short stubby fingers and thought anything bigger looked out of proportion.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors