1.5 ct verses 2 ct

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
729 posts
Busy bee

@MrsVictor14:  Im only a size 7 but have large fingers n hands. My ering is a 1.75 ct diamond With pave setting. Not sure if this helps you to gage size. I think you could pull off 2 ct easy. All boils down to personal style n preference

Post # 4
1340 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I think with that size finger you’d be fine with 2 carat equivalent but 1.5 would look more understated. I have a 1.59 equivalent princess simulant and it’s quite large. My finger is 7.75. I think 2 carat would have been a little much.

Post # 5
216 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

My two good friends have princess cuts. One has a 1.5 and the other has a 2 ct. The 2 ct one just seems SO much larger in comparison when we all hang out. I’d say if you can afford it, go for the 2. You’ll be happy that you did =)

Post # 6
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Technically, my ring is a solitaire with side stones. It’s a Princess cut 1.55 ct. My finger size is a 4.75

Post # 7
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

There is a noticeable difference between 1.5 and 2 ct for princess cut. For reference, my diamond is 2.2 ct and finger 5,25

Post # 9
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Oh I forgot to share my thoughts. I think you should get a 2 carat. It will look really good on your size 8.75 finger. I would go into a jewelry store land try out a 1.5 and a 2 just to get an idea. Post pics if you do 🙂

Post # 11
8282 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

Yeah, there’s definitely a noticeable difference in .5 of a carat. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors