(Closed) 15 days to go and I think I am having anxiety attacks

posted 9 years ago in Beehive
Post # 3
2856 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

BREATHE!!

I almost feel the same way you do though. The wedding is in 44 days and I have tons to do yet so I feel a bit overwhelmed with the planning and life in general. I am trying to control my anxiety but I just have to remember to breathe and calm down. Everything will work out!

Post # 4
952 posts
Busy bee

I’m not to your point yet, but I will be in about another few weeks. Focus on one thing at a time. Break your to-do list down by day, that way you’ll feel like you’re getting stuff accomplished, and you can do a little each day.

Good luck!

Post # 6
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2018

I was like that last week. This week I am strangely calm. I’m sure it won’t last long. Breather. Have you tried making a list? That always makes me feel better

Post # 7
2856 posts
Sugar bee

That’s great @BlueSpurrs… I was born and raised in Bethlehem until I went to college. I went to Bethlehem Catholic … Such a small world!

Post # 9
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I felt like you a week ago. Now with nine more days to go I’m feeling better. The only advice I can give is to keep plugging away at those to-do lists. The more you can get done now, the less you’ll have to worry about. It seems to come in cycles… I’m sure I’ll have another freak-out soon enough!

Post # 10
64 posts
Worker bee

I have am down to 2 weeks and have started to have chest pains this week.  I think its from stress and anxiety about the Wedding.  I think its expected to be stressed going into the final days especially if you have done a lot of things yourself and want them to come together.  Has anyone else has serious stuff happen to them like chest pains?

Post # 11
1357 posts
Bumble bee

I had chest pains and anxiety attacks when i was studying for the bar exam. My doctor’s advice? Do yoga and drink a glass of red wine at night. Seriously. It helps. Remember – in the grand scheme, the details won’t matter. I’m sure you already have everything done that NEEDs to be done (a marriage license and an officiant). Everything else is just gravy! 🙂

Post # 12
209 posts
Helper bee

I was freaking out a few days ago–but after going over everything, talking to our caterer about a back-up rain plan, and speaking with the people at our venue–I am strangely calm. My friends and family keep on telling me that no matter what happens it’s going to be an amazing day–and I believe them. So breathe! Make sure you take some time to do non-wedding relaxing stuff. I took a nice bubble bath and read. FI and I have set aside date time to do non-wedding stuff and not talk about it–that definitely helps. Hang in there!

The topic ‘15 days to go and I think I am having anxiety attacks’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors