1.5 mm pave band with 1 carat diamond

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 5
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I had that same band with a .87 cushion. It is super super thin.  The diamond weighed it down and caused it to spin like crazy and flip flop on my finger.

I ended up changing it twice, first time to the regular petite pave (no cathedral, and 2.0 mm) and now have the nouveau, which was more expensive unfortunately, but worth it. The petite pave was 2.0 and still too thin for my preferences. The nouveau is 2.2 but very noticeably thicker. Personally I would not recommend the petite cathedral unless you want super duper thin. To me it felt flimsy and that is why I chnaged.

Hope this helps!!

Post # 6
853 posts
Busy bee

p.s. I will post pics tonight of the current ring I have when I get home. In the ones of the petite settings, I do not have any close up photos that would show the thinness very well.

Post # 7
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Beautiful ring!  I have a 2mm band 1.07 ct center stone on a size 5 1/4 finger:

I also tried on the 1.5mm version of this same ring and loved it.  I think it depends on your personal style.  The thinner band also made the stone look bigger.  I don’t have any problems with spinning and the ring isn’t too big.  It depends on how the band sits on your finger.

Post # 8
80 posts
Worker bee

So, to be honest, I am not sure about the size of my band but it is the thinnest I have ever seen so guessing it is 1.5 mm. My stone is 1.58 ct and my ring is always spinning. I thought up until this point that was because it was too big (ring is 5.5 but I think my finger is prob around 5.25) but perhaps it is the thinness of the band…

Post # 9
192 posts
Blushing bee

I am pretty sure mine is a 1.5mm band…it is SO thin….my diamond is 1.1 carats!

Post # 10
192 posts
Blushing bee

oops that pic was super small….here is another!!

Post # 11
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I just wanted to tell you that the ring you picked out is really pretty 🙂

I have a 1.01 ct center stone and a 2mm pave band. I think anything under 2mm would look too thin but that is just my taste. I almost wish I picked a bit of a thicker band. I don’t  think 1.5mm will snap or break or anything if that is what you are worried about.

Post # 13
3618 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I don’t think 1.5mm is too thin. I think my e-ring is 2mm and .5mm isn’t a very big difference. My center stone is 1.3 and my ring size is 4.75 if that helps.

Post # 14
1618 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

My diamond is a solitaire 2 ct with a thin knife edge…I’m not sure what size my band is but it’s deff. Smaller then 2 mm…anywho, I don’t have problems with it spinning around or anything, so it’s perfectly supportive, and I feel like the smaller the band the more your diamond stands out and the better it looks…the thinner bands showcase the diamond better in my opinion, ( even tho I ordered a setting that is nothing like this which is what I originally wanted)…and my ring stands a lot of daily wear and tear from work and never taking it off… 🙂 good luck!

Post # 15
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I love this message board!

I am a first time poster. The round solitaire is from when my husband proposed ten years ago. The princess cut is the ring he got me recently for our anniversary.  I think I want to change the round solitaire to a pavé setting. 

Post # 16
10715 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I have a 1.5 mm band and a 1 ct solitaire… It doesn’t look too thin at all. I wouldn’t go ANY smaller though… my RHR is 1 mm and it scares me! I’m always waiting for it to break lol.

Heres my 1.5 mm band with my 1 ct solitaire. (my band is thicker)

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors