(Closed) 1.5 Months to go and feeling down

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
883 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Awhh!! *Hugs* I’m sorry about your family! Just try not to let them get to you! Its your day!

Post # 4
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

That is awful that your family makes you feel that way! Just remember that it is up to you to decide whether or not you will give them the power to make you feel bad about yourself. You have to tell yourself, a hundred times a day if necessary, that you will not let them give you that kind of emotional baggage!! It sounds kind of crazy, but it helps to remind yourself that their opinions are not welcome and will not be taken seriously if they’re anything but supportive of you. Keep your head up, lady!

Post # 5
462 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Hugs. I’m absolutely sure youwill be stunning on your wedding day

Post # 6
8473 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

If anyone has the nerve to say anything negative about you on your wedding day, they’d really have to be some kind of jerk!

Next time someone says something to you that’s inappropriate, calmly let them know that you are not looking for their opininion and that you are beautiful inside and out.  And do it with a big smile on your face. Smile

Post # 7
351 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Aw I want to give you a huge hug!! A lot of the time people say rude things that they have no business saying because they might be a slight bit jealous. If that is not the case here remember my favorite Eleanor Roosevelt quote “No one can make you inferior without your own consent” Therefore, those comments mean nothing to you because YOU know you are beautiful!! And if someone has the audacity to say those things to you on your wedding day instead of “Dang, you are a stunning bride”, they have no right to even be there. That is your day, chica.

Post # 9
129 posts
Blushing bee

Someone would have to be a real jerk to call any bride fat on her wedding day!!  Especially if it is family!  Also, you do not sound even close to fat at all.  I’m sorry that your family has been so hard on you and made you feel this way.  I’m sure you are beautiful and you will be beautiful on your wedding day!!!

Post # 10
3583 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

My BFF had a similar family and it really cemented our relationship early on when I reminded her that she was beautiful and as long as she was healthy, nobody had a right to talk down to her about her weight. It goes the same for you. If ANYONE brings up your weight, gma included, you have my permission to laugh in their face and then go grab a drink and continue having a great time. I find hoverers like this to be a true pity. It sucks that they spend so much energy bringing people down to feel powerful. They need hobbies. Remember to pity them and shrug it off.

ETA- My husband is a chunky monkey (which i love!!) whose family cannot keep their mouths shut and nobody said a word to him on our day. I probably would have physically assaulted them if I had overheard them do it, though. Psh!

Post # 12
415 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

What is wrong with people?  It makes me so sad that anyone would treat anyone like that, forget your wedding day, that is so super uncool.  Have you ever told them the effect that their words have on you?  I wonder if they are really just commenting on how skinny you are, being sarcastic or something?  I just don’t understand why they’d single you out for that sort of humiliation.

It sounds like your uncle is a major offender though, so I would just steer cear of him as much as possible, maybe point him out to your bridal party so they know to run interference if he pops up.  I can’t even imagine being in this situation, I would have told them off long ago and often.  If someone told me I was fat on my wedding day, hmmm . . . I think I might have punched them.  Not recommended though!

Post # 13
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

I hope nobody says anything to you!  That’s horrible that they make you feel that way.  You’re definitley not fat!  I’m sure you will be beautiful on your wedding day.  And if anyone gives you crap tell them where to go.  

Post # 14
345 posts
Helper bee

That’s so awful that they would say that to you! do they realise how much it affects you?

The only thing I can say is all that matters is that your Fiance loves you just how you are and that is why you have chosen to spend the rest of your life with him. 

People sometimes can pick on people out of jealousy, which is their problem and completely not fair to make you feel bad in order to make themseleves feel better.

If your Uncle decides to tell you that you are ‘Fat’ I would personally say to him that you think it’s so sad that he clearly has issues with himself that he feels the need to put others down to make himself feel better, pity him and don’t let it upset you, people like that just aren’t worth the tears…. or you could tell him to go f*ck himself, but that would be my hot head talking, no one has any right to make you feel like this!!!

The topic ‘1.5 Months to go and feeling down’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors