(Closed) 15 pounds gained since October =(

posted 5 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
2457 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I gained 10-15 lbs in about 6 months, but mine was directly related to a job change. Did you change something significant about the way you live your life?

Post # 5
5985 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@RebelScum:  yes, I have gained that much weight that quickly before ;( good luck getting it off…you can do it 😀 I did

Post # 6
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I gained much more than that. Probably 30lbs in 6 months. I gain weight very quickly.

Post # 7
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2015 - Russell's Pizza House

I’m also one of those people who gain weight super easy and can empathise with your situation.  I moved to a new town 2 years ago for work and have gained 40lbs… I’m now in the process of moving back and I just know as soon as I see all my old friends they will be like ‘wtf happened to you!?’. I can’t wait to be back in my old healthy environment again and have access to an affordable gym. Hopefully I can move all this weight and it hasn’t done too much damage to my body.

Post # 8
8473 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

I was 123lbs in July on my wedding day. I’ve gained about 12 pounds since then…And this was months ago that I gained it. I haven’t gone to the gym & my husband and I snack a lot after dinner. I am a teacher & always gain at least 7-10lbs over the summer because I’m not on a schedule and up late snacking. It happens. Don’t beat yourself up. Stress can bring on lots of weight gain very quickly. I’ve had that too. 

Just keep healthy foods in the house. If you go to the gym, make it a priority. I’m going to start Monday and my mind set is… This is my 2nd job, so I HAVE to go! (Even though I hate it.)

Also, have realistic goals… Lose 1 pound per week. Nothing more. 

Good Luck!

Post # 9
3697 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Are you on birth control?

Post # 10
6745 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

I gained over 35lbs in less than a year.  You’re not alone.  It’s so much easier/faster to gain weight than it is to lose it.  I’m almost certain that it’s like 1000 calories to gain 1 lb and 5000 calories to lose 1 lb and everyone lies and says it’s 3500 calories.  IT CAN’T BE TRUE!! lol.. Ok, not funny because I’m still working hard to lose those 35 lbs.  🙁

Post # 11
1130 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@RebelScum:  I know how you feel!  I gain weight just by LOOKING at food haha. Depending on your height though, 15lb isn’t bad at all!  Have you ever tried the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels?  I swear by it haha. I’m halfway through and I’ve dropped just over 10lb so far.

Post # 12
748 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I gained about 15lbs in 3 months after going on anti depressants. I came off them and am trying to lose it now. I’ve never gained weight that fast before and nothing else in my life style changed. Super freaky.

Post # 13
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

This post could literally have been written by me. About 15 lbs since October, and I’ve doen nothing different. In fact, I’ve actually been working out MORE since before then. The only thing that has happened is I changed my birth control then…went from Ortho-tricyclen (name brand) to Tri-sprintec (generic). I’ve read that birth control does not change your weight, but there’s not other explanation! Now that I’m planning for the wedding, I’m really trying to lose weight, but like everyone else on this planet, its tough. Been trying to lose weight since January 1st, and I have lost ONE POUND! uuuggghh >:(

Post # 14
1257 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

In the past I have gained about that much weight, maybe a bit more in that span of time. I changed birth control and my weight evened out a bit…well that was only after gaining another 15 lbs. My fiance was on Phentermine but he ended up gaining a significant amount of weight after he stopped taking it. It is essentially just speed. It will mess up your metabolism once you are off it. I definitely do not recommend diet pills IMO; in the long run at least. But back to your question.. Is it healthy to gain that much weight that quickly? I do not know. Are you the only one who has gained that much weight in a short period of time? No, you are not alone.

Post # 15
12250 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

I gained almost 50lbs in my first semester of college! So WAY worse than you!

I lost 40lbs back in 2011, and I’ve lost another 18lbs since we started wedding planning.

So while it’s REALLY easy to gain, and REALLY hard to lose… You can do it!

Post # 16
847 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I gained 16 pounds in about four months. But I have lost all of it through healthy lifestyle changes.

Honestly, I had always thought that exercise alone was enough for me to lose/maintain my weight because my high school metabolism led me to believe that (what I would give to have my high school body back!). However, I now know that what you eat is very significant and that -normally- excercise alone will not allow you to lose weight.

To lose the weight I gained, I ate all the foods I normally do. However, I included more fresh fruits and vegetables in my diet, I payed a lot of attention to portion sizes ( I would alter the portion in relation to the calories and I would weigh most foods out to ensure I was not over eating) and I really made sure I was eating enough calories each day. Once I started counting calories, I realized that, while I used to binge eat some days and consume more calories than I should, I mostly did not eat enough calories and was thus holding onto weight. I have been using myfitnesspal.com and I absolutely love it. I have lost two inches and overall and feel healthy! Best of luck! You can do it!

If you have any questions or just need support, the Bee is always here for you 🙂

The topic ‘15 pounds gained since October =(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors