1.5 RB to Halo or Not to Halo? Show me your bling!

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
3736 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I have a 1.65 center stone and a halo. I say halo!

Post # 4
5445 posts
Bee Keeper

If you love the halo, there’s no reason not to go with your dream setting. I think that stone looks amazing as is and would be a gorgeous solitaire but if you love the halo it would look stunning as a halo also!

Post # 5
2302 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

@KDOS:  i think it would look beautiful in your setting! go for your dream setting absolutely 🙂

Post # 6
2047 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I think it’ll be fine.  I have a size 5 finger, 1.70 center stone with a halo.  I think that your halo will look gorgeous on your hand with that stone!  If you want the halo, get it!  You won’t regret it cause extra bling is always nice, but I think if you steer a different way, from how you talk about wanting a halo, you might have regret about it.

Post # 7
8720 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I love halos so I’m biased but I say get it! It’s gorgeous!

Post # 8
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 1993

I think it would look great with a halo.  

Post # 9
3112 posts
Sugar bee

@KDOS:  I think starting with a 1.5 center and then adding a halo will make it look pretty big, but if that’s the look you want, then definitely get your dream ring!

Post # 10
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2000

@KDOS:  will that setting accommodate a 1.5 and still have the center set down in to it such as the pic?  I love my halo. I think halos shave a romantic feel. But it truly is personal pref as you’ll be the one staring at it:). Mine is 1.5(eqv) in hola lo. The halo adds about another 1mm. I love the amount of finger coverage. Shrinkage is a very real thing. Lol. Best of luck. 

Post # 11
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Beautiful stone! I love the setting you picked also, it will look amazing! I know what you mean about worrying if it is too much, I worried about mine also. I have a 2.1 ct center with a halo and a huge band, so I am sure its not for everyone, but I love it. I think you will adore yours also! Go for what  you love.

Post # 13
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2015

mines a 2.23 center stone on a size 5 finger !

Post # 14
83 posts
Worker bee

Def do the halo!! I went with a classic solitaire even tho I’ve always wanted a halo and I soo regretted it!! So we returned and I got my halo 🙂 it’s so glimmery and sparkley the solitaire is just too plain IMO. go with your heart u won’t regret it!

Post # 16
2261 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2007

@KDOS:  I think that it would look amazing in the halo setting, that setting is amazing! It will be substantial, but I do not think it would be too big.

Mine is a 6.5mm white sapphire center in a halo, it has nice finger coverage. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors