(Closed) 15 year old flower girl?22 year old ring bearer?

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
1552 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I think it would be cute! it would be nice to make the basket and pillow match somehow with the color of the girl’s dresses.

Maybe the basket could have a ribbon of the same color on the handle or something. 

It’s nice to incluye your daugthers in the ceremony and everyone will find it very cute.

Post # 4
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@blueberrygirl:  I have no idea if theres a right or wrong for things like this but prsonally I think its cute and I like the idea!

Post # 5
853 posts
Busy bee

I think I would nix the flower basket and ring pillow. Maybe they could walk together down the aisle, and the flower girl could have a small bouquet, and the ring bearer could just hold the ring? I think that if you try to make them fit the image of the younger flower girls/ring bearers it might look a little comical. But I think that the roles can certainly be maintained with a more adult feel to them.

Post # 6
1513 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

when i read this title, i came in thinking “no f’ing way” but it sounds like it would work in your wedding! i would definitely find a way to make the jobs a bit more grown up though!

Post # 7
1829 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@bostongirl27:  hahah same here. as long as your kids volunteered and want to do it, go for it! maybe give your daughter a pomander and get his son a nice engraved bowl to carry (i’ve seen them on etsy). that way they wont look like the typical little flower girl/ ring bearers

Post # 8
581 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’m a little unsure about the flower girl.  I think it would be odd to have someone her age throwing flowers and all the BM’s carry bouquets so I think that would be lost in translation.  could both be a ring bearer?  Each carries one ring.  My SIL had just a flower girl, so I don’t think you necessarily have to have both.

Post # 9
46228 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I had the same initial reaction as  @bostongirl27.

Then I read the post. If it was their idea, I would run with it.

Instead of a flower basket or dropping petals, I would have the flower girl carry a loose bouquet of flowers and give them away to the people with the aisle seats.

I would have the ring bearer carry the ring in the jeweller’s box on a silver tray.

Post # 10
12877 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I personally think it’s really bizarre, and would probably raise my eyebrows.  I’d definitely get rid of the flower petals and ring pillow!

Post # 11
6825 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I personally wouldn’t have that old of children as flower girl and ring bearer.  The 15 yr old as a JR Bridesmaid or Best Man but really a 22 old “ring bearer” .. If you do go with it nix the basket and pillow. 

Post # 12
3978 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I would have them carry bouquets similar to the others, but maybe add something special — like a ‘here comes the bride’ sign on the flower teen and a rings attached to the handle of the ring teen.

It can totally work, but I wouldn’t try and make them look like regular flower girls and ring bearers or it might be awkward.

Post # 13
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I would probably find it a little odd when attending the wedding but if they are excited about it, feel free to go for it.

I would definitely make it more “adult” vs. “little kid” for the roles.  Like passing out loose single flowers along the aisle and a nice silver bowl or something for the rings like a PP suggested.

Post # 14
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@julies1949:  These ideas are lovely – and a bit more ‘grown up’ 

Either way, if they are happy and came up with the ideas, go for it!

Post # 15
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@bostongirl27:  I thought the same thing! But I think if you “Adult” it up a little it would work great! I probably would not do the basket or pillow. Have the girl carry a smaller boquet and the boy carry the rings in his pocket.

The topic ‘15 year old flower girl?22 year old ring bearer?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors