(Closed) 150 people max, who do we invite?

posted 5 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
1308 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

We ended up inviting 150 people. To figure out my side, I did absolute MUST invites first (immediate family and VERY close friends), then I made a list of aunts/uncles/cousins, and another of other close friends. Total, I had about 80 people on all lists combined. I am not VEY close to some of my cousins and aunts/uncles, but I do see them on holidays and would hate to leave them out. I also think that even if you don’t care if they are there or not, inviting some aunts/cousins etc. and not others may stir up hurt feelings. If you can’t invite all, invite none, IMO (exception being to godparents who are also aunts/uncles, or if they are in place of your parents etc.)

Post # 4
2694 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

My guest list is 150 and I started with the most important people first.  Then I worked my way out.  I know for sure a lot of the oot people can’t come (and some have confirmed that) so I then invited a few other people who I would love to be there… the list is over 200 but it still includes those people who can’t come so hoping at the end of the day, I’ll get my 150.

Fi wants me to save him 10 extra spots (most of the guest list is HIS family but I am also pretty close to them).  All my family lives oot and a lot of them won’t be able to make it so it leaves some room.

The topic ‘150 people max, who do we invite?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors