(Closed) 16 days and feeling overwhelmed!

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
547 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@mrsaponte:  I am!  Yikes!  10 days out and I still have lots to do.  I’m also anxious that I’ll look bloated and puffy the day of because of allergies.

I’m dealing with it by falling off my diet and eating chocolate.

Post # 4
8884 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

We’re date twins and yes, I’m now feeling stressed too! I’m trying to handle it and play it off like I’m calm, which I was until this week, but now I’m in panic mode.  My veil hasn’t arrived yet, maybe once it does I’ll calm down.

Post # 5
373 posts
Helper bee

I know how you feel, 10 days till we get married and I feel like the night before I’m going to realize I forgot everything 🙁

Post # 6
547 posts
Busy bee

@mrskrumpet:  Hey we’re date twins!  Glad to know others will be going thru the same thing I will on that day!

Post # 8
1583 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I was the same way two weeks before my wedding. I was really stressed but I started letting people help me with things in that time and that really helped. Just know that the Thursday before the wedding whatever isn’t done won’t get done and that is okay. then just relax and enjoy your beautiful and perfect day!

Post # 9
1572 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

17 days over here and I am slowly starting to fel overwhelmed as well. Mostly about the day of stuff like timeline etc.

ah good luck!

Post # 10
4676 posts
Honey bee

I’m the same day as you and feel too underwelmed.  I need to get my but in gear!  

Post # 11
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Wedding is behind me but I remember feeling this way.  Try to stay calm.  It will all work out.  I promise.  Rely on the bees to vent if needed.  Try to get everything done before the week of your wedding.  It leaves you time for anything that may pop up. 

Try to enjoy this time.  Happy countdown!

Post # 12
943 posts
Busy bee

Date twins again!

Yep, I cannot believe how much goes into the planning of this stuff…plus every.single.thing. has had to be done twice.  Just got off the phone with my dad, NOW my uncle (his brother) says (after I asked him 27 times) that he changed his mind and wants to book into the group block at the hotel but they are “giving him a hard time” since he is 2 weeks late, they jacked the price up $125…so I get to fix this one too.  I’d LOVE IT if someone would take care of their crap themselves!!!

Post # 13
8884 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Feeling even more overwhelmed today, had a break down last night. I feel like I can’t go 5 minutes without getting a text or email from someone asking if we’ve done something. It’s always “Have you done this?” “Can you add this?” and I just need a break for a few hours 🙁

Post # 14
954 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am three weeks out and I’m starting to feel a bit cray cray myself.  I’m having the opposite problem and trying not to lose too much weight before the wedding because I keep forgetting to eat.  There’s a lot of balls up in the air and a lot of things to juggle.

Post # 15
462 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

congratulations, and good luck to all of you. I’ve been working so hard now to avoid this feeling later. but there are some things I just can’t get done yet. Oh I hope I don’t end up in a padded room.

Post # 16
475 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@mrsaponte:  I was relatively calm up until now too, but that’s probably because I kept procrastinating on making any big decisions because I HATE making decisions.

@jouissance:  I’m trying not to lose weight too, except my weightloss is due to my stomach being in knots from the stress!

Everyone keeps telling me to try to stay calm… maybe some people can just handle big events more than others but I’m a big hot crazy mess over here. I think I’m completely justified in being overwhelmed though – people have offered to help, but with a couple of exceptions, they haven’t followed through and I’ve done almost everything myself, on top of working a new full-time job 40 miles away from home.

I’m just trying to let go of any expectations that I have for the day and not get too wrapped up in the details because I have a feeling I’ll probably just set myself up for disappointment. It helps to just take a step back and remember that this day will come and go and no matter what, you’ll end up married and that’s what counts. 🙂

The topic ‘16 days and feeling overwhelmed!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors