(Closed) 16 days left…and we want to include bowling?

posted 8 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
2872 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

How cute will those pictures be!

I say do a spur of the moment announcement thing for those who can attend after your reception.  Like you said even if its just you and your hubby and the photographer of course then thats cool too.

I cant wait to see those pictures!!!  

Post # 4
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I think that’s such a cute idea!  Maybe you could cut the reception down a little bit (you might even save money?) and ask towards the end of the reception “in leiu (sp?) of dancing the bride and groom will be continuing their celebration at such and such bowling ally?  Maybe that way it will seem more like an after party and less like an extension of the reception?

Post # 5
1765 posts
Buzzing bee

Since you said that you don’t have any more money for bowling-what about going bowling after the rehearsal dinner? That would be just the Wedding Party right?  I think your reception will be fun!  Don’t worry!!! Enjoy-because it goes by quick! 🙂

Post # 8
2781 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think it’s an adorable idea. BUT, don’t be scared that your guests will be bored or anything like that. A wedding is a great place to meet new friends and catch up with old ones. Everyone will be so excited for you and will be chatting the whole time, they won’t have time to be bored.

Post # 9
91 posts
Worker bee

I think that is a super cute idea, but make sure to let the bowling ally know that you are planning to show up in a big group.

Post # 10
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I love bowling! And think it’ll make awesome pictures! As for the reception, maybe do it after the official reception with the family and bridal party.

Post # 11
125 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I think its cute too if you do it impromptu.

Did you just write 16 DAYS??? oh my.

Post # 13
401 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I agree that after the official reception it would be fine, maybe just tell people by word of mouth that you and the hubby will be heading there after and they are welcome to join. I don’t think people would expect you to pay for it.

I think we are doing Wii bowling at our wedding. We have an extra room and are setting up a few wii’s for none dancers with Wii sports.

Post # 14
1995 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I think its an okay idea but if you have no money left I’d maybe have it be a casual after party thing for people if they want to pay for themselves.  Do you like the group dances?  YMCA etc?  We had cornhole at our wedding b/c we don’t like dancing that much.  What about another indoor game.  Trust me you won’t be bored!!! You’ll need to hang out and chat with everyone and take photos etc.

Post # 16
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

A friend of mine is getting married next weekend, and for their reception they are going to a place that has bowling, black light mini golf and laser tag rather than having the “traditional” wedding dance and reception. The place is letting them have their dinner there as well I believe. They also mentioned that there is a discounted rate for those who are going… So maybe talk to the people at the bowling alley and see if there is a discounted rate for a large group? You never know..

The topic ‘16 days left…and we want to include bowling?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors