16 months before my wedding…. NEED A WORKOUT! :(

posted 3 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
Hostess
10888 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Bride2Bee2015: Tou’ve got plenty of time. The only thing I want to say is don’t do anything too drastic as you may risk putting all the weight you lost back on and more. Eat healthy, base your meals around the recommended intake of fruit and veg and exercise. You’ll be laughing – not quite, but you will when you get there.

Post # 4
920 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

cut out processed foods!! stick to lean meat, veggies, rice, beans, nuts, fruit, and dairy! avoid fast food and anything too sugary. 

that is my best recommendation. weight loss is around 70% based on your dietary intake. 30% from physical activity. 

if you lose 1/2 pound per week, you will reach your goal weight of 135 within that 16 months. 

Post # 5
3268 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@Bride2Bee2015:  My very favorite workout routine is one that Glamour magazine’s website published: Glamour’s One-Month Slim-Down Plan

I’ve tried so many different videos and workout routine suggestions and I always come back to this one routine, which is 4 different workouts to be done over the span of 4 days. It works very well, as long as you eat properly and get some cardio exercise like riding a bike or running or cross-country skiing in addition. I really like the flow of exercises it uses, and the difference in your muscles, and weight, really starts to show quickly! Actually last winter I did it 4 days a week (as you’re supposed to) with not much other supplemental exercise and did notice a surprising difference in my size and weight after 3 weeks or so. But I was doing the workout very faithfully indeed.

I really think the most important thing when trying to get in shape and lose weight is to be careful about the amount you’re eating compared to the amount of energy/calories you need. I use MyFitnessPal (MFP) to track calories and workouts; it’s how I’ve been able to finally start consciously losing weight after years of aggravating seasonal fluctuations. I like it because it gives you a calorie limit, which increases (sometimes dramatically) when you plug in your exercise, so you don’t end up feeling super hungry all the time. Other than the first week, if you’re eating less than you’re used to!

Post # 6
2364 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

http://WWW.MYFITNESSPAL.COM

Create an account, start tracking your calories.  It helped me a LOT to see the numbers behind what I was eating, especially the things I thought were “good”! 

Post # 7
1802 posts
Buzzing bee

Here are all of the tips I can think of off the top of my head: Start eating lean meats (chicken and turkey instead of beef), eat out less, replace one of your unhealthy snacks during the day with a piece of fruit to cut out those calories, stop keeping junk food items in the house, track your calories, etc. 

As for exercise, I do HIIT (high intensity interval training). Instead of running at 6 MPH for an hour you can vary your speeds to help burn more calories in less time.

Post # 8
838 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Bride2Bee2015:  I was in a very similar place to you before my wedding. Here’s what I did: joined MyFitnessPal: you can track your food. It’s helpful to see how many calories you’re getting and where you need to cut down, etc.

Purchased Jilliam Michaels 30 Day Shred: This video is amazing. I lost 10 lbs in 30 days and really wasn’t even that strict on my eating. 

Purchased MORE Jilliam Michaels DVDs: I then purchased No More Trouble Zones and some others to try to tone up. I worked out every.single.day. for probably two months. I lost another 10 lbs pretty quickly. 

Post # 10
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Bride2Bee2015:  You’ve got 16 months and that gives you enough time to make a seriously major change which will last.

I’ve lost a little over 35lb since last January. I eat loads of vegetables and meats, still have fairly regular Starbucks and other treats, but I track everything and I do a full body barbell strength programme 3-4 times a week.

Otherwise, all I do is walk plenty and don’t go too crazy with the booze too often.

Post # 11
4540 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Royalton White Sands

@SpecialSundae:  Love the picture! So true!

OP, I’m fond of workout videos, like the 30 Day Shred and Blogilates. I’ve also heard fantastic things about Insanity and P90X, but I’ve never personally tried them.

Post # 12
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2014

You and I are almost the same- I am 5’3 and now weigh 155, I started at 180-  I have been using the iphone app for Weight Watchers and just love it.  I am not super starving all the time.  I think you can try it for free for a month or somthing…

Post # 13
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I should have said, I used MyFitnessPal.com (and the app) to track what I ate, a Fitbit and a Polar FT7 to track my calorie expenditure and my weight programme was StrongLifts 5×5.

Post # 14
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Just started t-25 focus workouts. It’s 25 minutes, 5 days a week for 10 weeks. The workouts are intense, but are over in 25 minutes, so I can’t make an excuse not to do them! I’m hoping to lose 15lbs and tone up by April.

You have plenty of time! You can do it!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors