16 weeks pregnant and scared to have sex.

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
664 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m sorry to hear that you MCed in February. I’m 22w now and I haven’t noticed cramping after sex, so it may just depend on the person/pregnancy.

Is your doctor okay with you having sex? If he/she said it’s fine then I’d say to just give it a try in a gentle/not-so-deep position like spooning or something and and see how it goes. Then if you’re comfortable with it you could always try other stuff. At 16w you should be out of the “danger zone”.

Best of luck. 🙂

Post # 4
2243 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I don’t think you should be worried. Whatever caused your miscarriage is unlikely to affect this pregnancy. More than likely there was a problem with the embryo that prevented it from developping. Clearly that’s not an issue this time around. (I have been reminding myself of that ever since I got pregnant again)

I’ve noticed I get really sore & crampy after sex. I think it has to do with orgasm contractions. Unless you have any spotting, there’s no reason not to have sex 🙂

Post # 5
8821 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I was worried in the beginning too but I’m more laid back now. Luckily I haven’t had any cramping or spotting during sex.  I do find that things are feeling different and (not sure why) but tighter, so sometimes it hurts in the beginning.  But you are 2nd trimester now so there should be no worries.

Post # 6
994 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@BearyLovely:  I’m having similar worries just because I am a worrier and if there’s something to worry about I will. But I’ve had sex anyway bc…well I can’t resist sometimes lol 

But so far it’s been fine for me I’m at 10weeks and as many others have said you’re in  your second trimester so that can maybe ease your mind. You have to do what feels best for you though =]

Good luck

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors