17 day road trip! Advice needed and appreciated!

posted 3 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
3249 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@chic_and_fabulous:  Bring your own toilet paper.  Trust me, you’ll have more fun that way!

Each of you get to, and has to, pick one, and ONLY one, “BEST ____ IN THE WORLD” or “WORLD’S BIGGEST _____” etc. billboard, at some point during the trip, and you have to stop and check it out.

Post # 5
6812 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

I LOVE road trips! It’s when FI and I get to do our best talking. We talk about things we want in the future, what we would do with lotto winnings, we sing on the top of our lungs together, you two will have a blast!!

Post # 6
3249 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@chic_and_fabulous:  Hey make up whatever rules you want, lol.  

BUt I’m DEAD serious about the toilet paper.  Even if you usually buy cheap toilet paper (I don’t understand why people do this; I truly don’t) buy really, really good, really, really soft toilet paper for your road trip.  You don’t know what you’ll find for food, or how it’ll sit with you, even from various locations of chain restaurants.  Sometimes, like at one Fuddruckers in Billings, MT, you may not be able to make it to the next rest stop.  I never, ever, go on a road trip longer than half a day without my own TP.

Post # 7
3813 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Books on tape can be a good way to pass the time!  Also do your best to stay awake when he’s driving and have him do the same when you are – it’s soooo much better to drive while you have someone with you, of course.

Post # 8
1896 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Print a list of all the states and check off the ones whose license plates you see…. Then be on the hunt for the ones you haven’t seen yet!

If you are into music, look up artists that are notably from each state you’re driving thru.  Every time you cross the state line have the artist cued up to pay tribute to them

Bring the trivia cards to trival pursuit or cranium or a game like that (where the answer is on the back) and play against each other

Every time you cross a state line, google the weirdest state laws for that state! Hey, better safe than sorry!

Like others said, road trips can be the best open hearted discussion times… If that doesn’t happen naturally, maybe you can look up some good “conversation starters” that maybe make you think about topics you guys don’t normally spend much time talking about.

Post # 9
11379 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@chic_and_fabulous:  my dh and i went on a 5 week road trip through north america and it was amazing.  we brought cd’s, magazines, puzzle books, hand held games, etc.  we didn’t use any of it.  seriously, we didn’t even have the radio on.  we talked and laughed the whole time.  it was wonderful.

enjoy it!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors