17 Days Til My Wedding & My Dress Alterations Haven't Been Started?!?!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
3112 posts
Sugar bee

@MommaJenn28:  Have you thought about getting your dress back from her and bringing it to a seamstress who has time for you?

Post # 5
809 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014 - Catal Restaurant

Maybe call and tell her that you just purchased you accessories for the dress and you would like to stop by just to hold them up next to the dress to make sure they go together.  If she is hesitant to let you come then she probably hasnt started.  If she is working on it she will tell you so and if she is done with it she will say “perfect” and let you come in =]

Post # 6
7531 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@MommaJenn28:  you should be alright. my mom passed away 1 month literally across the country, before my daughter’s wedding- and we got my daughter’s and my MOB alterations done within 1 week.

Post # 7
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

I worked as a seamstress in college, and I definitely cut a lot of projects very close to the deadline!

How many alterations do you need? If it’s just a bustle, I wouldn’t be too worried.

Either way, I would call her at the 14-day mark and the 7-day mark just to be careful!

Post # 8
638 posts
Busy bee

The majority of my alterations took only four hours.  That’s a hem (of a dress with a really intricate skirt… I don’t even know how she did it), a bustle, sewing on a belt, taking the dress in, and altering the bra.  I had my final fitting just a few days before the wedding, and she made a few more alterations in just a couple of hours and then the dress was mine.

It’s stressful not getting it done, but it truly doesn’t take too much time.  She’ll get it done!  

Post # 10
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

My alterations weren’t done till one week before the wedding. I was a bit worried but all was well and it was done in time!

Post # 11
32 posts
  • Wedding: May 2012

My alterations were done super late too (I picked up my dress 2 days before the wedding…stressful!  But they turned out great).  I would just keep calling her and reminding her so your dress doesn’t fall through the cracks. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors