17 DPO, 2 BFN's but NOTHING

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
3778 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

There are a lot of reasons that may delay ovulation. You’re probably just sick, but you won’t know unless you test. Test when you’re late and then once or twice a week until you get your period or a positive pregnancy test. If it goes on too long then go to the doc. I hope you’re not sick! The flu sucks!

ETA: I second the below poster, unless you’re charting you’re not going to know when you ovulated.

Post # 4
5460 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Do you chart?  How do you know when you ovulated?  It’s more likely than anything else that you O’d later than you think you did and are either not pregnant, or you are pregnant and it is too soon to test.

Post # 5
1734 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 1998

Like others are saying -it’s possible that:

1. You ovulated later than usual in your cycle (or possibly didn’t ovulate at all?).

2. You recently came off of hormonal contraception.

3. Illness is causing the delay.

4. You are implanting late, hence the spotting.

5. You are taking supplements (When I started B6, I had what I thought was classic implantation bleeding. It was TEXTBOOK. Then, some days later, my period showed up a few days earlier than usual).

I think the conventional wisdom is that once it gets to 45 days since your last period, it’s time to get to a doctor.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors