51 %
    21 + weeks : (6 votes)
    17 %
  • Post # 3
    46159 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

Is this your first pregnancy?

Most first time moms feel the baby sometime between 16 and 25 weeks.

Post # 5
    4583 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I’m 20 weeks with my first and I’m only just starting to notice some gentle movement. I don’t think you have anything to worry about!

Post # 6
    272 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I didn’t feel my baby move until 22 weekish.  Don’t worry, you will feel your little one move and then it will keep you up at night ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 7
    1026 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

When you feel the baby move has a lot to do with where your placenta is. When you don’t feel baby until later it is often because placenta is in front, in the way of feeling it. Nothing to worry about.

Post # 8
    399 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I know I didn’t start to feel the baby move until almost 5 month pregnant.  But I did have quite the huge bump.

My DH cousin who was also pregnant at the time (her due date was 6 days after mine) has next to no bump at 5 months.  You couldn’t even tell that she was pregnant.  at 8 months she looked like the average person did at 4.  It wasn’t until her finaly month that she finally popped.

Every pregnancy is different.  I don’t think that it is anything that you need to worry about but if you have any concerns or you need some reassurance you can make an appoinment with your OBGYN.

Post # 9
    227 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I felt EXACTLY the same way!  I felt really good, no symptoms and very little bump starting around 16 weeks and i was getting so worried.  I had considered buying a doppler but didnt because I had a Dr appt the following week.  Everything was just fine.  My Dr asked how I was feeling and I said “too good…its concerning”.  Her response was “enjoy it!  Some women are just meant to have babies!”  

Im 20 weeks now and to be honest still dont feel much.  I have felt a little tickle here and there which I assume is the LO, but nothing real significant.  Im trying to just say relaxed and positive and not worry too much.  

my advice is not to worry.  enjoy feeling good and Im sure you will start feeling tickles or flutters in the next couple weeks ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
    7779 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

I didn’t feel anything until 20-22 weeks and didn’t look pregnant until about 26ish weeks (just looked chubby until then, lol.) So, yeah, totally normal.

Lots of stress is not good for you or your baby.

Post # 11
    1309 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I had no symptoms for most of the pregnancy and I had a really small bump. I could have hid the pregnancy almost all the way through.

I started feeling flutters at about 19 weeks and kicks at about 21-22 weeks.

Post # 13
    1137 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Patients is the key here. If you are super paranoid you could always look at purchasing a doppler to use at home.

I felt my first movements (kick/punch) around 17-18 weeks, but they weren’t consistant until after 20 weeks. At 20 weeks I didn’t even look pregnant – in fact I looked smaller than pre-pregnancy, as I was still down a bit of weight. I’m 33 weeks now and still look smaller, as baby is all up and down (long and lean as they keep telling me). I see friends that are 1-2 months behind me and they look bigger than I do, but everyone carries and gains differently.

Just relax. Baby will be moving before you know it, then you will be wishing he/she would just sit still so you can sleep ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
    782 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2010

My mom felt me around week 16, but I didn’t feel anything with my baby until late in week 19. I was paranoid for those three weeks, just waiting to feel something! It turns out that I have an anterior placenta, which is why it took a little extra time for me to feel her move. Now, at 31 weeks, she moves around alllll the time ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you feel your little one soon!

Post # 15
    2638 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2006

I am 19w1d and haven’t felt even the slightest. I was in for an ultrasound last week and the tech told me not to worry, my placenta just sits in the front of my uterus so it’s muffling the baby’s very gentle movements. At this point, you’ve eaten burritos bigger than the fetus so don’t freak out. Also, your symptoms SHOULD be gone and be thankful for that!

Post # 16
    2104 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Another one who didn’t feel movement for a while.  It’s not unusual for first time moms, especially with anterior placentas.  I know I was feeling very gentle movements around 20 weeks, but it was probably closer to 24 before it was very clearly baby.  It was 28-29 weeks before DH could feel baby kick…that was torture!

The topic ‘17 wks and becoming paranoid!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors