(Closed) 17 yo Bridesmaid Cousin wants to bring her friend (long and complicated)

posted 8 years ago in Family
  • poll: should i let her bring her friend?
    let her bring her friend : (6 votes)
    30 %
    hell no, you had a destination wedding for a reason - to keep it strictly family and friends u love : (14 votes)
    70 %
  • Post # 3
    14186 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

I’d probably let her bring her friend depending on what other family is there….17 is an awkward stage and it might help her enjoy the day a little more and make everything a little more amicable. I guess it depends on the relationship you have….knowing *my* little cousin (who’s 17), i’d be ok with her bringing a friend. But that is based on my family dynamic and all that good stuff.

Post # 4
    732 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2010 - The Tower Club

We have a teenager in our family who wants to bring her friend. My understanding is that as a guest, it’s always rude to ask to bring someone to an invitation-only event. But, the girl asked us right after we got engaged, and I really feel that she probably just doesn’t know any better.

I would say to let it go & invite the friend, unless you think it would escalate to other guests asking to bring people, etc.

Post # 6
    1641 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

Teens definitely feel like they needed entourages for support. Maybe she’s anxious about not knowing anyone and feeling awkward at the wedding.

The topic ‘17 yo Bridesmaid Cousin wants to bring her friend (long and complicated)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors