(Closed) 18-24 wives- how long are you REALLY waiting?

posted 6 years ago in Babies
  • poll: You got married "young" (18-24 or whatever it is in your region/whatever you think that is) and..
    You said you'd wait and are sticking to it! : (40 votes)
    67 %
    You said you'd wait but you were lying to keep people off your back. : (6 votes)
    10 %
    You said you'd ttc "soon." (Again, you decide what "soon" is.) : (7 votes)
    12 %
    You said you'd wait but you changed your mind. : (6 votes)
    10 %
    You said you'd wait but got a "surprise!" BFP. : (1 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 3
    6010 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: May 2009

We got married at 24 and 23, and our daughter was born when we were 25 and 24.  πŸ™‚  We said we were going to wait, but my husband has had baby rabies for years, and it didn’t take a lot of convincing for me to change my mind.  To be honest, we thought we’d want more time to be newlyweds, but after the wedding, we were like, “Why are we waiting?”  It just made sense to go ahead and start a family.

Post # 4
    7779 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

I said I’d wait and then got knocked up on accident. lol, You should probably add that option.

Post # 5
    Hostess
    16217 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

I’m 24, three months married, and 100% set on waiting several years before TTC. My husband and I are so excited to finally have some “us” time, and we’re very happy investing our time and energy into our marriage for now. At this point, we’re not physically, emotionally, or financially prepared to be parents.

I don’t have even a little bit of baby fever yet, so I’m very much expecting my resolve to hold for the next five or so years.

Post # 7
    5572 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

I’m 22 and my husband is 26. We were planning on waiting a little while but still not a long timg (probably less than a year). The month we got married our honeymoon fell during the “magic” time of the month so we decided to not try, not prevent. I ended up getting pregnant. We were very excited and through that realized that we were definitely ready. When I had a MC we talked about maybe going back to the waiting plan but ultimately decided that we wanted to start trying again right away. We are financially stable, own our home and have stable jobs. We’re as ready as we’re going to get πŸ™‚

Post # 8
    Hostess
    16217 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

@Running Elley: Those are FANTASTIC reasons for being ready now. Congratulations on your success in life so far, your marriage, and your choice to TTC!

Post # 9
    2820 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

We’ll be getting married at 22, and our plan is to have a baby by the time I’m 25. We’ll see if that’s too “short” of a time for just us, though. : )

Post # 10
    2702 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

I’m 23 and we’re planning on waiting for 6/7 years. We have a lot of student loan debt holding us back. Also, there is so much I want to do to the house and even with my life before kids. I’m definitely not ready yet!

Post # 11
    1723 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I’m 25 but I’d like to reply anyway. πŸ™‚

@zippylef:  That’s exactly what I say!!!  I want to have kids maybe a couple years after we get married I am just terrified of it!  I am an only child and was never around babies.  FI LOVES kids, though, and doesn’t think it’s as funny as I do..

Post # 14
    2584 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Well, I’m not married yet so I suppose it could change but… I’ll be 21 when we get married and FI 23. I’ll still have a year or two of college to go (I skipped a year for financial reasons so I’m behind, haha) and I’d really rather not try to balance 30 hours a week of work, school, and pregnancy/baby. If it happens it happens I guess… but I’d like to be maybe 25 when we start trying and FI is good with that. We’re broke right now anyway. πŸ˜›

Post # 16
    1932 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2008

My hubby and I got married May 2010, I was 20 at the time. I’m 22 now and pregnant with out first. I initially wanted to wait about 5 years. I even made a list of things that had to happen before we had kids:

Me: Finish school (at least my AA anyway)

Stop working as a nanny

Him: Get a “real” job (he was working at Lowes and had a masters degree in teaching lol)

Get health insurance

So I thought all four of those things would take awhile, but then in January I got laid off from my nanny job (they just couldn’t afford a nanny anymore), I found out I’d graduate in Dec. with my AA, my husband got a GREAT job at a college and has great benefits with it. All in one month this happened.

So we talked about it for a few months, started TTC in March and got pregnancy in June. 

Sometimes I wish I had waited a little longer (at least til we own a house), but obviously there is no changing that now lol πŸ™‚

The topic ‘18-24 wives- how long are you REALLY waiting?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors