posted 3 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Purple_Bride:  I totall understand the whinning! I do that at work… and then get home and get distracted! It’s gotta stop I have so much to do still! 

Post # 5
729 posts
Busy bee

Haha, THANKS for this (not really) – I hadn’t been counting days! lol when you say it like that, it sounds really soon …. ack!

Post # 6
348 posts
Helper bee

Hi October Fifth-er’s!!! Glad we’re all rowing the panic boat together!

I feel like I get more of the efficient wedding tasks done while I’m at work (updating my charts, corresponding with our vendors)… and then get distracted super easily at home.  My problem is that I’m not a crafty person, and I have some crafty things left to do. 

Also, my mom and step-dad are flying in next Friday the 27th… so I’m preparing for that as well.  My goal was to have as much wedding stuff done before hand as possible so I can enjoy visiting with her.

My to-do list:

• Decide among two less-than-ideal officiants (see my panic post)
  • Final meeting with venue to finalize menu, timeline, seating arrangements, and other logistics (this Friday)
  • Get marriage license (this Friday)
  • Third dress fitting (this Friday)
  • Final cake meeting (this Saturday)
  • Final photographer meeting (Monday the 23rd)
  • Final DJ meeting (TBD)
  • Finish my letters to FH, my mom and my dad
  • Purchase gifts for parents
  • Finish my dinner speech
  • Make the picture lockets (bouquet charms)
  • Get my FMIL situated with her outfit and makeup (hopefully doing this tomorrow)
  • Final haircut
  • Gather all the games that we want to bring up for the weekend (football, cards against humanity, etc.)
  • Get our rings engraved and re-sized (saturday)

I know there’s more than that, but those are what’s going on at the moment.

FI has his surprise bachelor weekend beginning this Friday.  I secretly made arrangements with his boss months ago to give him this weekend off, and all of his buddies planned a weekend camping trip with hunting, fishing, kayaking, boating and dirt-biking.  He has NO IDEA and I can’t wait to see his face when we get to our friends’ house “for dinner” Friday afternoon.

Post # 8
1451 posts
Bumble bee

I am probably Captain of the panic boat right now!! Lol! I just got done with an insanely busy two weeks at work (80 hours a week) and so I’m SOOO behind on things. And to top it off my parents JUST bought their plane tickets down, and are asking for a list of fun things to do while they’re here. Uhm, WHAT!? I am a little busy I think!!!! *cue eye twitch*

Post # 9
1869 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

ughh i am having bustle issues… this lady who came super highly recommended is saying its the hardest bustle she has ever seen in all her years including bridal fashion week in nyc and working in klienfelds… not the thing to say to a bride who is freaking bc it looks like I have a pom pom of tulle on my ass!

oh and she said “I’ll try my best but no promises” aghhhhhh please just lie and say its going to be ok

Post # 11
791 posts
Busy bee

16 days?!  Eeeeeeeeep!!!

The most stressful thing I have left is to make pack lists for the ceremony and for the honeymoon.  I’m so worried I’m going to forget something!  (the wedding is an hour-and-a-half away!).

Someone get me a glass of wine, quick!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors