(Closed) 18 DAYS TILL MY WEDDING! AND MY DRESS ISNT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hrmmm…that depends on the terms and conditions of the bridal shop where you bought the dress. Do they have any “contingency plans” for these things? If so, what are they? If they are really unable to get the dress in on time it seems like they should be offering to resize the sample rather than having you ask them to do it. You should call in and ask what they would do IN THE EVENT that the dress does not get in on time.

You should find out more details about the store policy more than anything else so that you can understand what your options are. Were there any guarantees that the dress would be in by that date? Did they warn you ahead of time that the dress might not be in by the 2nd of this month, and perhaps, in time for the wedding? If they told you either verbally or in writing (but it’s best if it is in writing) that they would have your dress in time, then you can hold them liable. However, if they’ve been in this business for awhile, then I’m sure they’ve come across this situation a number of times before, and they probably have it written somewhere in their policy that they are not responsible for these things. 

Either way, I know this is probably hard to do and I’d be panicking in your position too, but try to stay calm because there wont be a whole lot that anyone can do. People also tend to think less rationally and more emotionally when they panic, which results in poor decision-making (Aristotle talks about this in Politics). I wouldn’t worry too much about the alterations, but for peace of mind, you might want to consider finding a place that would do the alterations LAST MINUTE in case this dress shop turns out to be a dud and the workers there are not willing to work AROUND THE CLOCK (even though they should) to get your dress done on time. Try looking for some with great reviews on Yelp.

Good luck! So sorry this happened to you by the way. I can’t even imagine how this must feel. 

Post # 4
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Definitely get a seamstress lined up who is prepared to put in the hours to get you done in time!  Good luck sweetie!

Post # 5
Hostess
23639 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hopefully your dress comes in, but I agree, get a seamstress lined up and ready to take care of the alterations for you! It should all be okay!

Post # 7
3123 posts
Sugar bee

good luck! that is a stressful situation!

Post # 8
91 posts
Worker bee

I do hope that your dress comes in this Saturday. 

Post # 9
402 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Let us know if it comes in Saturday!If not, I think the suggestions on here are good:  and give them Your end date, after which you will not be willing to accept the address, for full refund in return! Also, can they do the alterations for you, for free (?!) and in a hurry?

to tell you the truth, if it isn’t in by Saturday, check out preowned wedding dresses, in your size – I think some of these are very, very beautiful — and ‘chat’ on line with the owner to see exactly when she can get it to you.  I would have it on hand and a seamstress lined up for alterations.  Who knows? You may wind up liking it better, and then you can sell your first new one when it comes in, or better yet, have arranged for a full refund from the bridal shop!

The topic ‘18 DAYS TILL MY WEDDING! AND MY DRESS ISNT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors