(Closed) 18 days to go, and i have strep :-(

posted 9 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
2856 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Oh No! I am sorry to hear that you have strep. What a bummer!

Take good care of yourself and try to relax while you are down so you can recover faster!!

Post # 4
3363 posts
Sugar bee

It could be worse!  Hang in there…Strep does not last too long!  Although it freaking sucks and hurts like crazy.  Drink tea with honey!  I would be venting too!  And at least you have us here…we don’t require you to use your voice!!

Post # 5
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Ick! Take care of yourself. You have 18 days to get better…most people are better within 2 weeks so you’ll be fine! Just relax….if you’re not stressed you’ll heal faster. Get some antibiotics in ya! And be grateful you’re done with work so you get to sleep in!

Post # 6
952 posts
Busy bee

Take it easy in these last days before your wedding. I hope you’ll be feeling better by wedding day!

Post # 7
732 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010 - The Tower Club

Strep throat in the summer is a great time to watch movies and eat lots of sorbet and ice pops (no dairy, I found that out the hard way!).

I’ve had strep a LOT and now when I think about it, I try to focus on the advantages. 🙂 I hope you are not in any pain!

Post # 8
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Yuck, I’m sorry.  I had a cold a week and a half ago and I was just glad that it happened before the wedding than during (or on our honeymoon)  Feel better soon!

Post # 9
1379 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

Go get a z-pack from your doctor ASAP.  (Z-pack is a 4 day prescription of Zythromax) They work wonders.  I suffered from strep throat for about 6 years … getting it whenever I was stressed out in any way (like, oh, getting married!) … the only solution was a z-pack until finally I had to get my tonsils removed at age 23!  I know how bad strep can be, go to the doctor and get some medicine! I’m sure they will prescribe something.

The topic ‘18 days to go, and i have strep :-(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors