18 days to go!

posted 3 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
2319 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I had my first fitting/alterations done about a week and a half ago, or maybe two weeks ago, as it wasn’t concerning the fit of the dress, but more so having the shoulder straps shortened and then cutting the train off/cutting the dress at the floor.

I’m sorry your seamstress is keeping you waiting 🙁

Post # 4
373 posts
Helper bee

How in the heck did we get here already? Less than 3 weeks. It seems like lately all of the anxiety and stress have really just gone away and I’m so excited that I finally get to marry the boy that I knew I was going to marry from day 1. I’m ridiculously tearing up right now thinking about it. Gross.

Post # 5
635 posts
Busy bee

@Lulume:  This is why I bought my dress last year and had it fitted then.  I’m stressing out right now because we had an appointment to meet with the priest.  But the secretary failed to call me to let me know that he’s out of town so I took the day off for nothing!

Post # 6
29 posts
Newbee

Seriously – time is flying! Have my final fitting on 10/3 to leave room for last minute emergency adjustments. Final alterations, steam, then pickup on the morning of 10/10! 

Post # 7
310 posts
Helper bee

My dress was too small, and she added side pannels. Now my dress is too big! I’m pregnant though so who knows what it’ll be on the day of the wedding! It’s pretty stressful!!

Post # 8
1952 posts
Buzzing bee

Bought my dress in July, had my final fitting in August, got it back early September. Now it’s just the waiting game! The only thing I’m worried about right now is him actually showing up lol!

Post # 9
6273 posts
Bee Keeper

my dress is done.  i left it at the bridal shop to pick up a week or 2 before the wedding, otherwise, i could have taken it home.

Post # 10
4513 posts
Honey bee

My dress is done. I had my final fitting on Sept. 10th. Now I’m just making sure not to lose/gain anything.

Post # 11
124 posts
Blushing bee

I had my final fitting and I am going to pick it up the Thursday before the wedding.  Praying it still fits perfectly and that my weight stays steady!

Post # 12
93 posts
Worker bee

I had my second fitting yesterday. She had the bustle pinned up and will finalize it by next week. The dress has already been hemmed, sash sewn on and the top was taken in. Ahhh it’s almost here!!

Post # 13
3199 posts
Sugar bee

@Lulume:  ‘first fitting’ was when the dress came in in April. they measured and pinned for the hem, bustle and cups. it doesn’t need taken in or out at the waist, which is nice.

second fitting was two weeks ago. everything was just ‘basted’, but i could walk around in it and my MOH could practice the bustle, which was awesome.

final fitting is tonight!! (i have another thread for final fittings if you want to join in there). everything will be completely sewn and finished, so i will be able to put it on, walk around in it, practice the bustle some more and just make sure everything looks perfect.

then they will steam and press it and my veil and i will pick them up about a week before the wedding. EEK!!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors