(Closed) 18 months no …you know what… and counting

posted 5 years ago in Christian
Post # 3
11343 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

What a wonderful decision you and your Fiance made to honor and obey God by submitting your will to His and by allowing the Holy Spirit to convict, strengthen, empower, and transform you. God’s Word says that God will honor those who honor Him! πŸ™‚

Post # 4
924 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Good for you! I think the gift you are giving each other is wonderful.

Post # 5
338 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Wow that’s an awesome testimony my Fiance and I went through a similar thing we have decided to rededicate our relationship to Christ and we have not looked back. 

The misconception is that it can’t be done but I thank God that He has given us the grace to start afresh and I know if we want God to honour our marriage we have to honor Him through our relationship!

Thank you for sharing your testimony it will surely encourage many people. God bless you!

Post # 6
12250 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

Congrats! That is a LOT of conviction!

Post # 7
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@Nyasha:  Amen, sistah! My Fiance and I made the decision once we were engaged to stop woohoo-ing until after we were married. Our situation was very similar to yours where we originally committed to not having sex, but familiar feelings came up and that changed.

We have broken the decision a couple of times since being engaged, but we are going to stay strong and commit fully to it once he gets back from deployment. Committing to that promise is the ONLY blessing in this deployment lol…there is no temptation if we can’t see each other!

But we want to have that special moment on our wedding night, and recommit ourselves to God too. It has brought us not only closer to Him, but to each other as well.

Post # 8
45 posts
  • Wedding: July 2013

Some of my friends make me feel so ridiculous for making the same decision.  Nothing has happened since we got engaged, and I feel like it has been wonderful for our relationship.  We’ve really focused on everything God has blessed us with and really communicating on important topics through our pre-marriage counseling. 

Post # 12
23 posts
  • Wedding: March 2014

Congratulations, sister! My fiancé (of 2 weeks), and I have been together for SIX YEARS and we are still waiting πŸ™‚ we will be each other’s firsts πŸ™‚ I understanding it can be hard, but with God is in our hearts and persistent prayers we have been able to go this far. Even though we already know we are spending the rest of our lives together, God would be proud of us if we waited through to when we are officially married. Plus, we would be awesome role models for our kids if we have any in the future! πŸ™‚ God bless you and your SO πŸ™‚

The topic ‘18 months no …you know what… and counting’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors