(Closed) 18 week bump needs pretty clothes ideas?

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
46135 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

There are lots of cute flowy tunic tops out there that you could wear over a pair of pants. If you can’t get the zipper or button done up,  just loop an elastic through the button hole, then through itself and slip it over the button.

INC International Concepts Sequin Striped Layered Look & Wide Waistband Cropped Pants

Post # 4
2889 posts
Sugar bee

Do you have any dresses that are on the loose side? Babydoll, empire, A-Line or tunic styles even?

This looks like it could work well

Post # 6
2208 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

ugh.  I had a really long message written and it cut the rest off!!  What it did say was if you dont have time to order online (there is overnight shipping) then try a fitted dress ina size or two up.  I got away with doing that till mid 20 weeks.  You want to show off the bump, so dont go TOO flowy.

Asos though, I love their stuff.  One of the only places I have found that doesnt sacrifice my style with maternity clothing

Post # 7
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2008

I wore normal non-maternity flowy tops the whole way through my pregnancy. They dont scream PREGNANT but they flattered the bump pretty well. Jeans are a pain so you coul either try a dress or get a stretchy skirt.

Post # 8
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Anythin empire waisted will work. It will give you space and show off your bump.

Even something really simple (Target 19.99)

Post # 10
3758 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I personally love the store called Motherhood. I have seen super cute/beautiful clothes in there πŸ™‚

Post # 11
2522 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@katerdid:  You look beautiful!

Post # 12
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@katerdid OMG you are so cute!!! Good choice!

Post # 13
681 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

target has some pretty cute empire waisted dresses that aren’t maternity but definitely flattering to a baby bump! i recently got this dress and it looks super cute (actually…much cuter than the picture lol) and inexpensive. i was 26 weeks when i first wore it, so im sure it would look cute at 17. coupled with a statement necklace and some flats is what i’m thinking πŸ™‚

http://www.target.com/Merona-Sleeveless-Scoop-Neck-Dress/dp/B004GURDV4/ref=sc_pd_gwvub_2_title

Post # 14
2095 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We are due around the same time πŸ™‚ I am 17 weeks now. And have a bunch of loose tops that I have been wearing. I popped a month ago. I did that in my first pregnancy too. Most of my clothes no longer fit me πŸ™ So I can understand your concern. I went to a second hand store and bought a new wardrobe there since I will only need it for a few months.

Post # 15
538 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Ugh! I remember being in that horrible 16-22 week stage where my bump wasn’t big enough for empire shirts (looked like I was wearing a tent) but obviously my normal clothes were too tight. 

I just tried to get away with some larger normal shirts (non maternity but a size larger than I normally buy). 

For pants, I went ahead and went with the maternity stuff because it was so much more comfortable and you can’t really tell. 

Have fun at your shower!

The topic ‘18 week bump needs pretty clothes ideas?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors