18 week ultrasound, can they tell the sex?

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
4540 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Royalton White Sands

It’s possible to be able to determine the sex at 18 weeks, but they can’t always do it. 

Post # 4
881 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

If the baby cooperates they should be able to tell.  The genitals should be pretty well-formed by then, just need to get the right view.  We were able to find out we were having a girl at 16 weeks.  Good luck I hope they can find out!

Post # 5
181 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

i found out at 16 weeks and it was accurate

Post # 6
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

We had an elective u/s performed by a friend at 18 weeks and she told us we were having a girl. Then at our 20-week anatomy scan, it was beyond obvious that we’re actually having a boy! I’m not so sure it had much to do with the 18 weeks vs 20 weeks timeline, but moreseo that our baby’s legs were crossed at the ankles at the 18w one. Our friend thought the legs were still loose enough apart that she could tell, but at 20w, the legs were wide open and BAM! A little ween, haha.

Post # 7
8818 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

They should be able to tell. I think with all ultrasounds they will say they cannot be 100% sure to cover their butts. A lot of bees found out earlier than 18 weeks and it was accurate.

I found out at 19 weeks that mine is a girl and the lady told me over and over she was positive. She was right 🙂

Post # 8
2884 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

i had an U/S at 17 weeks and it was very obvious he was a boy!

Post # 9
1849 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I had an ultrasound done at 15 weeks and my OB was fairly confident he was a boy. When we had our Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks and that confirmed that we were having a little boy :-). It’s possible!

Post # 10
953 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

You should be able to tell the sex assuming you get a good view. We were told at 16 weeks we were having a girl, and it was accurate.

Post # 11
8483 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

Yes, if you get a good view you should be able to tell.  I had one at 15+6 and it looked like a girl, and at my 20 week ultrasound it was confirmed a girl (it looked the same both times!).  She actually wouldn’t confirm it at our first, I’m wondering if it was because I wasn’t exactly 16 weeks yet?  You should be able to tell if you get a good look!

Post # 12
3989 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Most likely, yes!

Post # 13
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

They should! Mine is on Thursday when I’m 18 + 5 so I hope so!

Post # 14
994 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

We learned the gender at 18 weeks. 

Post # 15
11391 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I had mine at 18+1 and she could definitely tell that it was a girl!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors