18 Weeks and Can't Stop Worrying — Talk Some Sense Into Me

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

It’s just the beginning of a lifetime of worry! It doesn’t stop once baby is in your arms. If it is interfering with your daily life and you cannot get it under control, I would suggest speaking to a therapist. 

Post # 3
3430 posts
Sugar bee

Don’t worry, I know htat’s hard to say.  But I spent more time worrying about things going wrong in my pregnancy and dying or something like that, that I didn’t enjoy my pregnancy as much as I think I would have.  Focus on yourself right now and having some me time, or spend time with some gal pals to get your mind off of it.  Whenever I spent time with one of my gal pals, she always was able to get my mind off of it.  She was very excited for me, but never constantly asked me about being pregnant which was really nice because I was constantly freaking out every other day, being distracted with her was a wonderful thing.

Post # 4
7531 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

My mom told me not to read up about pregnancy, as you could read every little thing that could possibly be wrong!  Have you felt any little “gas pain/type flutters?  That’s baby movement, and that may help relieve your stress, if you start to feel the baby move!  Wishing you a happy, healthy, worry-free pregnancy and birth!

Post # 5
8 posts

I was the same way when I was pregnant! I went on amazon.com and ordered a baby Doppler & I listened to her heartbeat EVERY SINGLE NIGHT until the day she was born. The chances of having a miscarriage in the second trimester is sooooo small! Enjoy your pregnancy! 🙂

Post # 6
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I’m sorry you’re feeling this way. I’m currently 24 weeks pregnant and am a natural worrier too. Going into my anatomy scan, I couldn’t even be excited to see the baby because I was so worried about specific measurements, etc. It was a reality check for me to take a step back and become a bit less informed. I made myself stop looking up information about pregnancy and it’s helped tremendously. Taking it day by day and just trusting in God’s/nature’s perfect journey has really eased my nerves as of late. Good luck with everything!

Post # 7
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

1MrsHightower:  +1

I think that buying a doppler is a fantastic idea!  Although you risk the chance that you cannot position it correctly and not be able to hear the heartbeat.  When is your next appointment?  Are you finding out the sex?  Maybe create a calendar and cross off each day.  It will help you see how much closer your appointments are 🙂

Post # 8
8 posts

kfiorita:  I purchased the fetal Doppler from a medical company on amazon. It’s the same exact Doppler they use at the doctors office and it was only about $60! (A steal right?) I never had a night when I couldn’t find her heartbeat. It might have taken me 5 minutea to find it but I ALWAYS found it. My doctor was the one who recommended purchasing it and she showed me exactly how to use it 🙂 

Post # 9
3756 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I love my fetal doppler, it really makes those long stretches between appointments much easier. But honestly, I’ve had a loss before and I stressed the entire time. A friend of mine lost her first at 11 weeks and she worried the entire time after she got pregnant again until her son was born and she very much regrets that. I have tried very hard to enjoy this pregnancy and not stress about it. It’s not good for the baby anyway. Fake it til you make it they say, talk to your baby, make yourself bond with him/her. Your anatomy scan is so close!

Post # 10
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I could have written this two weeks ago. I’m EXACTLY the same as you, and I had myself utterly convinced that there was something wrong with my LO when my first trimester symptoms all settled but I still hadn’t convincingly felt movement nor developed a proper bump. I’m ashamed to say I ended up buying myself a fetal doppler to check on the heartbeat prior to my 20 week scan, just to help me sleep at night! The doppler is amazing and I’m so glad I bought it. 

Since my scan I’ve actually calmed down quite a bit. The scan was perfect, and my sonographer was amazing. Even just a week on and people are commenting on my bump (including strangers, which is a bit weird) and I can feel more convincing movement. Turns out my placenta is anterior so was cushioning the first few kicks and punches, which is why it took so long for me to feel them!

Basically try not to worry, think about getting a fetal doppler, and look forward to an amazing 20 week scan.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors