(Closed) 1880s union hotel in Los Alamos, ca. Has anyone had their wedding there???

posted 6 years ago in Santa Barbara/Ventura, California
Post # 3
43 posts
  • Wedding: September 2013

hi! I’m getting married here! I was wondering if anyone posted about my venue and found your post 🙂

Post # 4
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

So I know that I’m late to the party, but my uncle had a wedding there about 15 years ago.  I can’t speak to the staff or the reception, as I don’t remember those details, but I think everyone was pretty nice.  

Beautiful wedding garden.  I still remember how much fun my cousins and I had playing in the maze garden next to it.  My mom and I stayed one night at the Union Hotel (loved the old saloon and we kids loved the billiard tables), but heard people vacuuming at 4am, so we requested to be moved, and they recommended we stay in one of the rooms next door at the Victorian (they had a policy where they wouldn’t allow children under 14 in those suites, but I was a pretty mature and liked to sit still, so they made an exception after we signed a waiver).  

And the Victorian – what a cool place!  I would highly recommend staying there – it was very quiet, and they had really awesome rooms: one had a gypsy caravan for a bed, and the one we stayed in had a Roman chariot for a bed with a secret door disguised as a bookshelf that led to a beautiful travertine marble bathroom – and slate steps leading up to a Roman bath!  Those steps were a bit slippery, but we just put towels down and were careful getting up and down.  From the time we arrived on Friday around dusk to when we left late Sunday morning, we really felt like we had enjoyed a weekend away.  I included the link below in case you and your now husband (!) are interested.

The topic ‘1880s union hotel in Los Alamos, ca. Has anyone had their wedding there???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors