19 days out and my back is breaking out!

posted 3 years ago in Beauty
Post # 2
110 posts
Blushing bee

Salicylic acid should help a lot. Try the Murad Clarifying Body Spray at Sephora or a body wash with salicylic acid. If it worsens or the spray/body wash doesn’t help, go to your dermatologist. They can give you prescription strength options or antibiotics. Good luck! 

Post # 4
1768 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

As ridiculous as it is, calm down – stress won’t help the situation.

<br />Are you working out (Or otherwise sweating a lot)? If so, take off workout clothes IMMEDIATELY after working out and shower. Like at the gym shower – don’t even drive home. Nothing makes me break out more than wearing workout clothes longer than necessary.

Definitely try some salicylic acid, or even a gental glycolic acid peel, but start slowly – you don’t want your skin to freak out any more.

Post # 5
1899 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - TTC #2

MsGinkgo:  I’m a month out with a similar problem, though my back has always been a problem area. I’m washing my bras more often (the sweaty straps rubbing into my back causes many of my spots) and I’m washing my shoulders twice a say with natural soap. Fingers crossed!!

Post # 7
1432 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

depending on how bad it is, you could talk to your doctor about it. I had backne and saw my doctor, he prescribed a low dose oral anitbiotic that cleared it up in a couple weeks.

Post # 8
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I understand your pain, I have terrible back acne and scaring. I actually went to a med spa and got a glycolic peel my back, it helped to calm it down a little. The make up artist also applied some make up to cover it the day of. While it helped, I was worried about it rubbing off during the day though.

Right now, I’m alternating daily between a 10% benzoyl peroxide wash and using a sulfur soap. Then I apply a salicylic acid spray after my shower. Don’t forget to wash bed sheets, pillow cases, and your pajamas often.

Post # 9
2197 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Neutrogena also offers an acne body wash with salicylic acid in it too. Smells like grapefruit. 

Post # 10
1016 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I would go 1) zinc supplement 2) benzoyl peroxide – the cream is much better than the wash, but unfortunately it is more likely to stain clothes, and 3) I’m going to get in trouble for this one – a little tanning is the best thing I’ve come across for immediate zit shrinking. 

Post # 11
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

If it’s just little red bumps, try exfoliating As it could be clogged/ingrown hair follicles.

If it’s actual zits, try a facial cleanser meant for oily skin.

Don’t wear your hair down if it’s long because the oil and/or styling products can cause breakouts.

Drink lots of water, like 3+ litres per day and cut out sugar and refined carbs. I always find that sweets/bread/pasta makes me breakout like crazy.

Post # 12
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

tanning salon. stat.

Post # 13
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

MsGinkgo:  Get acne body cleanser for showering….then APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!!  It’s amazing, and treats breakouts (along with a million other ailments) super quick, and is super cheap.  If your skin is sensitive, dilute it with water (1:1 ratio), or just use as is, with a cottom pad or something similar as a toner.   Vinegar balances pH so your skin won’t get super dry as a result like a lot of acne creams.  If you want to exfoliate, mix brown sugar with vinegar and a little lemon juice, and scrub scrub scrub… works on face too 🙂  Your skin will clear up and will be GLOWING.  If you have actual pimples, try a dab of over the counter acne cream with salacic acid or white paste toothpaste as a spot treatment after the shower too.  http://www.skinacea.com/acne/acne-treatment-acv.html

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  shorebride105.
Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors