19 kids and counting… anybody else watching?!

posted 2 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
2839 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I love that show beyond all reason. 

Did you catch that forbidden frontal hug? I was like, ahhhh front hug! Go Jessa and Ben!

Post # 6
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I love this show SO much! I dont agree with all of their teachings, however, I can appreciate them as a family. I just wanna know if Jana is ever going to court. And is anyone going to defect from the family. And Ben and Jessa are my favorite couple ever.

Post # 7
7261 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

That proposal was SO awkward. Also, Jim Bob and Michelle kissed instead of Jessa and Ben at their wedding. Weird weird weird.

Post # 10
8018 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

The duggars are so absurdly pleasant… I love that show. Of course I think 19 kids is insane and theyre extreme but I just like them! And it’s going to be weddings weddings weddings ! 

Post # 11
2839 posts
Sugar bee

I think their whole thing is just so fascinating. Like, they all seem so happy and satisfied and well-behaved. You never see the little kids throwing a tantrum at the grocery store. They all seem really considerate of each other. No one complains about doing their chores. I’m so curious about how they do that. (And I know lots of it is editing, but still….) Is it possible to raise kids to be happy and well behaved but still curious and engaged with the world around them? Are people happier when presented with one choice (you shall marry young and have lots of babies, girls in the kitchen, guys make the money) or when you have unlimited options? Would I rather have enjoyed all of the wild oat sowing I did in my twenties, with all the attendant heartbreak… Or would I have been happier to marry the first guy I ever kissed? It’s just such interesting stuff. Their politics really gross me out, but I still find them completely fascinating. 

Post # 12
2839 posts
Sugar bee

beeFANTASTIC:  Yep, I read that Jessa and Ben wanted their first kiss to be in private, so the officiant explained that, then had JB and Michelle kiss, and he was like, “now you’ve seen a Duggar kiss.” Boo!

Post # 13
8018 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

KatieBklyn:  yes agreed completely. They fascinate me. And all the girls are so pretty! Even mom has not aged… It just blows my mind she had that many kids. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors