19 weeks and already a bad mommy

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
3787 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

If she does it again, tell her to stop. If she does it a third time, report her to HR. It’s not professional and if you’re adhereing to the dress code and she’s not your supervisor it’s not for her to comment on. Once you tell her to stop, anything additional is harassment.

Post # 5
2871 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

LOL @ Frumpy Mc-Fashion-Me-Not

Seriously though, just ignore her.

Post # 6
1022 posts
Bumble bee

Ugh what a jerk. I feel you though, people have been up my ass for the shoes that I wear as well. They are shoes that I have always worn, it’s not like I just decided to try it out. My MIL loves chiming in on this one. DH tried telling me I couldn’t wear heels, he was going to hide them. I told him that was glorious and I would just buy more.

They’re shoes, not heroine.

There are so many worse things that you could be doing.

I would have gone off on her. I agree with telling HR if it happens again.

Post # 7
856 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Yeah, Im 25 weeks and still wear my five inch pumps for events when I work…

Post # 8
455 posts
Helper bee

Am I missing something?  Is there even a danger or risk associated with wearing heels while pregnant?

Post # 9
44 posts
  • Wedding: June 2012

omg that is rediculous. there is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing heels. wear them now while you can before the swelling comes!

Post # 10
2179 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2024

Wow that’s bullshit.

If she does it again I’d say “Are we going to have a problem? And is this something we should talk with HR about?”

It’s YOUR body she has NO right to tell you what to do! Jesus it’s not like you were smoking a crack pipe in your office, you are just wearing heels!

Post # 11
4042 posts
Honey bee

@phillygirl629:  My guess is it could make you more likely to fall?!?! But I don’t wear heels, so I am not entirely sure.

Eh, people think they know everything about what other people should be doing. I would just ignore her.

Post # 12
5533 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2011

Now for me, heels are dangerous all the time, pregnant or not. But that is because i have the grace of a baby hippo. But for someone who is perfectly able to walk in heels, why would they be bad during pregnancy? Wow.  

Post # 13
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@the_newlymintedmrs-s17:  WTF, since when is it endangering your fetus to wear heels? I’m 38 weeks today and still wear heels to work at least once a week. I’d seriously tell her to STFU or I’m reporting her to HR the way I’m feeling today haha. 

FWIW, the days I have worn Uggs to work are the days I have slipped and fallen on ice – despite knowing it was icy and making every conscious effort not to fall!

Post # 14
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@the_newlymintedmrs-s17:  That is so incredibly crappy and kind of weird that she would even engage you with something like that. I would be really abrupt with her next time and tell her that she is making you feel uncomfortable and that you don’t appreciate her unsolicited, rude remarks. I mean driving a car is dangerous. Maybe you should stop that too? What a crazy person.

Post # 15
562 posts
Busy bee

Tell her she needs to stop talking to you – she may be sick and you can’t risk picking up her germs and passing them to the baby. It’s better if she gives you wide berth for the duration of the pregnancy and infancy, really. “It’s not all about you, you know.”

OMG I’d be seeing red.

Post # 16
455 posts
Helper bee

@bmo88:  Thanks!  I had a feeling that’s all it was but I wasn’t sure.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors