(Closed) 199 days for July 9, 2011 brides!!

posted 7 years ago in July 2011
Post # 3
2104 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@peaches1038: Are we twins on some strange level?  “Peaches” as the base of our user names, sapphire engagement rings, same date…

We’re probably choosing tuxes/suits, starting our registry, and finalizing bridesmaid dresses this month.  Maybe start narrowing down what I want for a cake (a good girlfriend of mine is owns her own cake bakery business, so the options are wide open!)  Already have church/hall, caterer, photographer, rings, my dress…

Post # 5
2104 posts
Buzzing bee

Have you decided on colors yet?

Post # 7
2104 posts
Buzzing bee

@peaches1038: I really need to make an inspiration board.  And sadly, we’d probably be using blue and yellow if my future brother/sister-in-law hadn’t have used it for their wedding.  Our colors are various light blues and greens with deep purple as an accent.

Post # 9
2104 posts
Buzzing bee

No on the Save the Dates–we’re lazy/cheap and have let everyone know via e-mail or word of mouth.

Post # 10
106 posts
Blushing bee

how exciting!! hopefully by the end of january, we’ll have picked a photographer and dj/mc.. with our guest list finalized and STDs mailed out =)

so far, we only have the ceremony and reception venues booked. and my dress was just purchased yesterday! (but it’s not expected in until the end of may)

ETA: we haven’t started our search for a photographer or musician … or taken pictures for the STDs yet. hopefully it won’t be that difficult =

Post # 12
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

Eeeek. I’m so excited. I’m planning the wedding from 8000km away…not the greatest, but I’m doing what I can. This month and into next month I’m working on florals… not stoked about paying so much for cut flowers so I’m tossing around the idea of clutches and/or parasols. Other than that I’m trying to make a list of all supplies I’m going to be needing for some diy paper projects for when I get to venture out from the north next month. 🙂

Good luck to everyone with this month’s checklist adventures.

Post # 13
508 posts
Busy bee

I’m a July 9th Bride too!! EEEEKKK it’s getting so close!! We already have a venue, officiant, caterer, photographer, DJ, and our STDs are sent. I just ordered my dress last week and got a florist and baker for our cake and dessert. On the list for Dec/January is: order invitations, hire a DOC, finalize BM dresses, and choose what the guys are going to wear. So much to do but it’s so exciting. Happy planning everyone 🙂

Post # 14
724 posts
Busy bee

July 9! woohoo!

January to-do list:

– send save-the-dates tomorrow (they’re stamped and ready to go!)

– pick out bridesmaid dresses and groosman suits

– finish registry

– start designing invitations

i’m going to oregon (our site) in february to do the food and flowers, so january is pretty much still just stuff i can do from the east coast. but at least we’re moving things along!

Post # 15
11 posts
Newbee

Oooh!  I just saw this on the “Month Twins” board and as a fello July 9, 2011 bride, I had to post!

My to-do’s for January are…

1. Hire a DJ.
  2. Book a caterer.
  3. Print and assemble invitations.
  4. Finish registry…I already did the honeymoon registry, but we need to get started on the regular store-type for gifts  Smile

I’ve already got a bunch of things done…I’ve booked the ceremony and reception sites, ordered my tablecloths/napkins, booked decorator, booked the guys suits (FI has to go in for a fitting in February), and we’ve already bought the bridesmaid’s dresses (I paid for their shoes) and I even have MY dress and shoes!

I think I’m in fairly good shape, although I do have full-time school to tend with as well…

Post # 16
11 posts
Newbee

Oh, I should have also added…

5. Hire an officiant

That would be quite important…but maybe I can move it to February…

The topic ‘199 days for July 9, 2011 brides!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors