2.26 ct oval Moissanite from Schubach's

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
1346 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

nicolebee3:  I don’t have an oval cut, I would love one though, they are so classy! I’m sure if you have long fingers the size will be perfect and give you just the right amount of coverage without looking like a cocktail ring. Moissy is beautiful and does not in anyway look cheap etc. I can’t wait to see a picture of your stone. How are you planing on having it set? 

Post # 3
1177 posts
Bumble bee

The setting will make a big difference. If you’re going with a halo, well, that might be a little large but for a solitaire, I think that’s a great size! Pictures please! 

Post # 4
2017 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

nicolebee3:  Pics? Like PP said, the setting will make a huge difference. I’m all about big stones though so maybe I don’t count 😉

Post # 5
8601 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

I think it will be fine. A halo might make it look really big. But it would be perfect for a solitaire setting! Can’t wait to see it! 

Post # 8
6866 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - A castle!

nicolebee3:  The website diamdb.com lets you compare various sizes/shapes/carat weights on your finger size, although it is virtual. That might help. 

I’m so frustrated with my moissanite right now that I’m kind of in the camp of not recommending them to anyone anymore. This oil slick/rainbow film on the surface is beyond annoying. It’s making me regret getting one and the hours and hours of research I did… not to mention the probably thousand(s) of times I have recommended moissy! Blehhhhh

Post # 10
5228 posts
Bee Keeper

FutureDrAtkins:  I thought that you could get a cloth that takes it right off? 

I feel like I’ve been hearing the complaint about the oil slick looking thing more and more though.

Post # 11
6866 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Bridey77:  Yes, supposedly. I haven’t gotten a cloth from them yet. I just requested one this morning. I tried a silver polishing cloth from T & Co and that didn’t work, so I don’t have much faith in the cloth they’ll be sending. That’s why I tried numerous other at home methods first. Invisible Glass worked for the stain on the table, but it’s slowly and surely coming back. I just posted some pics in the thread about it. The stains on the facets near the prongs are by far the worst/darkest, and a circular spot in the middle of the table is starting to reappear.

Post # 12
2010 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

FutureDrAtkins:  OMG I am so glad you posted this.  I was about to purchase an FB OEC moissanite on ebay.  

Post # 13
6866 posts
Busy Beekeeper

blushbliss:  Check out the updates on the rainbow slick thread by littleaubrey. There’s some pictures on there. Don’t you have a BP OEC? Have you noticed the stains w/ BP?

Post # 14
2010 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

FutureDrAtkins:  nope! I don’t own any moissanite, I was hoping to reset my diamond and put an OEC moissanite in my solitaire.  I am curious as to whether the amora gem will have the film issue?

Post # 15
6866 posts
Busy Beekeeper

blushbliss:  I’m sorry, I must have confused you with someone else. I’m curious too about the AG. I have no idea. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors