2-3 nights trip suggestion

posted 3 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
5518 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

Where are you located?  Are you driving/flying/training etc?  Anywhere you’ve ruled out?  We need more info to help you out. 

Post # 5
632 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Las Vegas is a great place to get away for a long weekend.  There is so much stuff to do – from vegging out by a pool or seeing a show or just walking along the strip and people watching.

Post # 6
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Nashville. So much fun, so much to do, cheap flights, and easy to fly into/out of. 

Post # 7
6279 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

austin, savannah, orlando, new york, really the options are endless.

look on southwest sale fares and see what strikes your fancy.

Post # 8
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@Soontobemrs2012:  When are you going?

If you don’t have specific plac ein mind then look through Groupon and Living Social to see if there are any hotel deals that sound good.  For 2-3 nights I would probably drive somewhere local.

Charleston, SC would be a good romantic destination.  Great food, beautiful historic city tours, etc….  Since it’s the low season you could also get great rates on hotels on Hilton Head Island.

Atlanta is another good option.  The Georgia Aquarium is amazing!  Stay in Buckhead if you go; one of the best shopping destinations in the South.

Nashville is great if you like country music.

Post # 9
851 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013 - The front lawn of our church

DH and I went to San Diego for our anniversary. We stayed 3 days and 2 nights. It was so nice!!!! We were able to book a 5-star hotel for like $75 through priceline and there is tons to do and see! The weather is nice year-round too.

Post # 10
682 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Soontobemrs2012:  The Florida keys are beautiful! Somewhere kind of close!

Post # 11
866 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Soontobemrs2012:  We had a short honeymoon on Amelia Island in Fernandina Beach, FL.  They have beautiful bed and breakfasts and offer a few touristy things but not overwhelming.  The food was fantastic.  It’s a great place for a calm and quiet getaway.

Post # 12
5518 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

@Soontobemrs2012:  if its soon I saw come up north.  Boston/NYC/Philadelphia.  Fall is a great time of year up here. Ive gone to AZ for 1 night (Hoped off the plane, had a meeting, took the am flight home).  I dont recommend travelling too far west.  Flighs are quite long

Post # 13
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

You can come to Louisville, KY if you are foodies and don’t mind a mix of mild-moderate hipster culture.  I’d be happy to make some recommendations for you if you’d like!  Most of our “attractions” are activities such as dining, going to a bar or event, or for bourbon tours, rather than sight seeing such as the Statue of Liberty.  And you would likely need a car to get around the city.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/usa/travel-tips-and-articles/77583

Otherwise, Allegiant Air is site that offers very low-cost flights.  I believe they ship medical supplies or something, but I have a client who takes trips to Florida four times a year for long weekends with this company and has paid as low as $32 each way.  You have to fly on Mondays and Fridays I think and they have certain destinations, like Tampa, FL.

Post # 14
6525 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Soontobemrs2012:  I live in NY, so we have a ton of options, but if you are willing to fly, I would suggest Maine, Maryland, Boston, I love weekend trips there!! And the food is awesome if you like seafood.

Post # 15
1018 posts
Bumble bee

@Soontobemrs2012:  SO and I have taken short trips to Chicago, NYC, Savannah, lots of places! There are always lots of good shopping areas, museums, and aquariums around those kind of cities!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors