$2-$3000 halo ring

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
878 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Are you ok with lab created stones? If so, look into moissanite or the lab created diamonds section on brilliant Earth’s website. If not, both blue Nile and brilliant earth offer settings at fairly reasonable prices! If we don’t get the heirloom diamond (2.1 carat solitaire holy sh**) we will be buying something in the 3-4k range and I have designed a lot that I love on brilliant earth! In the 2k range id go lab created to get a bigger stone, but that’s a personal preference

Post # 3
294 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

My ring doesn’t have a halo, but it’s 14k white gold, 64 diamonds along the band (.2 total). The accent ones are G SI1. The center is a .4 D VVS2 diamond (although, we discovered a small chip and we are waiting on them to get new diamonds so we can switch it out. I’m hoping to up it to a half and go down on color a little because I honestly think it looks kind of small for how much he spent). The setting cost $800, the diamond cost $1000. So $1800 for the whole thing before tax.. the matching wedding band was $700something but that’s just on layaway since our wedding is a year and a half away. So you could definitely slap a halo on something like that and stay within your 3k budget. I know my ring isn’t exactly what you are wanting, but it’s just an example and it’s under your budget so I think you could a really nice quality ring for that price, you just might have to sacrifice size a bit if you want a really nice stone.

Since wedding bee isn’t letting me upload any pictures right now, you can see the pics of my ring on these threads:

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/you-can-take-267-down/#axzz2vDmnjhNW

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/completely-gratuitous-but-i-finally-got-a-good-phone-pic-post-yours/#axzz2vDmnjhNW

Also, I’m a size 6 for reference. Good luck 🙂 I definitely think what you want is doable!!

Post # 4
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

citysparkle:  Hi There:)

My ring was approx. $2500 and is a halo setting from J. Foster Jewelers (I’m in Ohio). I adore my ring! I’m not sure of all of the specs, but I will try to find out. I do know that it is .75 TCW and I think the center stone is approx. .6.

The halo is an excellent bang for your buck and if you get the right setting the halo part really accentuates the center stone.

Here are some pics. of my e-ring with my wedding band that just came in. I’ve never shared them on the bee before, so here goes nothing 🙂

ETA: I am a size 7.5, the wedding band is a 1.5mm .20 carats that I bought from Etsy.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  jessipoo915.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  jessipoo915.
Post # 5
3420 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

The biggest you could get would probably be a .4 center stone (diamond). But that could look quite nice in a halo!

Post # 6
356 posts
Helper bee

LittleE3:  +1 with the moissanite.

citysparkle:  The setting you want is probably going to be a little on the higher side, so getting a stone of any size will be tough. If you’re not opposed to moissanite you should look into it. My entire ring is moissanite(I prefer this over diamonds) and the 1ct center stone cost us $400. Just something to look into.

Post # 7
294 posts
Helper bee

LittleE3:  Ouch.. I wish I had gotten a lab-created stone 🙁 I didn’t know there was such a huge price difference

Post # 9
878 posts
Busy bee

Monicaab:  oh! I can’t get a 2.1 lab created! That would be the heirloom stone if his mom stops being wierd- long story. I could get like a .8ideal cut, J color VS2 lab created diamond in a sparkly setting in our 3-4k budget tho! (I’m not color sensitive and want yellow gold which hides low color ratings! )

Post # 10
294 posts
Helper bee

LittleE3:  Yeah but still.. I went to their website and compared what mine cost vs what they have and I could have gotten a bigger stone. The cost of mine was pretty comparable with Blue Nile and some other big diamond websites.

Post # 12
878 posts
Busy bee

citysparkle:  SI1 isnt too bad!! He is a ring I quick threw together with lab created on brilliant Earth that would be under 2500! at the upper range of your budget you could get an even bigger stone 🙂 

Post # 13
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I got my eternity wedding band from DazzlingRock.com – they were awesome! They have halo diamond bridal sets for pretty reasonable prices: http://www.dazzlingrock.com/bridals/wedding-sets/certified-1-92-carat-ctw-14k-white-gold-round-diamond-ladies-bridal-engagement-halo-style-ring-set-with-matching-wedding-band-center-1-23ct/pid/KS623-C/162.html

This one is GORGEOUS and you get the wedding band too! Also you get 10% off if you use the code: fb2013. 

And don’t be nervous about returning your ring. I returned 3 wedding bands till I got one I liked with my engagement ring. =) 

Post # 15
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Oh and these are REAL diamonds btw!

Post # 14
2114 posts
Buzzing bee

Hi! My ring is a .54 carat center stone with around .5 ct on the halo/band…and it cost right around $2700 after taxes. I tried on bigger center stones and thought they were a bit ostentatious for me.  Here is a pic (for reference, I am a size 7.75 so please ignore my meaty sausage fingers!). I went to a local store, but I’m sure you could find something similar in your area. I’m so in love with my ring, I couldn’t imagine anything else!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors