2.5 ctw e-ring on a 4.5 finger…. go or no go?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
1072 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

It really depends on the area you live and your personal taste. In NYC I doubt anyone would look twice. In the UK or Australia you might get some side eyes.

In the end, it’s your life and your choice. If you love it, to hell with the haters.

Post # 3
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I think it’s a beautiful ring, but if I saw someone with this on I would assume it was costume jewellery to be honest. Im in the UK though and it’s pretty uncommon to see a ring that size. Mine is a 0.84 carat solitaire and a lot of people here think that is big!!

Its really up to you though, if you love it, keep it and stuff what anybody else thinks!

Post # 4
88 posts
Worker bee

I like it and think it is beautiful! 

Post # 5
3389 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Cogitoergorel:  I love it and think it suits your finger nicely

Post # 6
1355 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I like it. If you like it, there’s no reason to get a new one. But if it’s too much for your taste, size down a little. It doesn’t matter if someone doesn’t like it. The truth is, you are always going to have people who don’t like what you have as people have different tastes.

Post # 7
2064 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1987

Just enjoy it.

Who cares what other poeple think.

If you find it really makes you uncomfortable then get a smaller ring and spend the saved money wisely.  Travel.  Adventure.  Education.

Post # 8
1173 posts
Bumble bee

I really love it! If you are comfortable wearing it and it suits your lifestyle, keep it!! Gorgeous! 

Post # 9
7281 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

That size would make me uncomfortable. But “too big” is in the eye of the beholder. So only you will know if it is “too big” for you.

Post # 10
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

It’s stunning 

Post # 11
1622 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Cape May

I was braced for gaudy before I opened this- but it’s NOT at all. It all depends what your used to wearing and if you like your jewelry on the bigger side. It is beautiful. 

Post # 12
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I love it! I’m biased though because my specs and finger size are similar. Enjoy it it’s beautiful!

Post # 13
5194 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2009 - New York, NY

I think it looks beautiful in your hand.

Post # 14
588 posts
Busy bee

“Too big” is too personal of a call.  It would be too big for me – I don’t like a lot of bling and in my area, my 1 carat is on the large end of the spectrum as is – but if you like it (and you won’t be constantly smacking it on things), go for it.

Post # 15
619 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

It’s pretty but I think just a little too big, it seems costume-y when it’s that big even if it is real. I think if you still want a big rock, 1.5ct cente woud be a good size.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors