2.75 ct moissanite & asha

posted 2 years ago in Rings
  • poll: What do you think..
    Use the asha in your engagement ring : (12 votes)
    39 %
    Use the moissanite only if you can lighten it : (1 votes)
    3 %
    Use the moissanite the way it is : (18 votes)
    58 %
  • Post # 2
    1158 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

luot:  judging by how different your skin tone looks in the two pics, I’m going to assume they were taken in very different lighting. That makes it very difficult to really compare the two in terms of color. Do you tend to prefer more warmth in a stone? Are wanting a stone that will last forever? If so, be aware that asha is CZ and will show signs of wear over time.

Very curious as to how you are able to lighten moissanite on your own? I’ve heard of baking CZ to darken it a bit but didn’t know anything outside a professional lab could be done to lighten a moissanite.

Post # 4
    160 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

I’m confused… why did you buy a fancy brown moissanite, which is even lighter at champagne colored, only to want to lighten it?  Why not just get a regular moissanite?  Just trying to understand your thought process!

Post # 7
    2262 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2007

luot:  Keep the moissy as is and set it in rose gold…mmmm 

Post # 9
    1158 posts
    Bumble bee

luot:  gotcha. Yeah, I’ve never been a huge asha fan mostly due to the color (especially the way it looks in pictures) and the fact that it’s lab created (too ‘perfect’). But wouldn’t that same thing apply to the moissanite though? Isn’t it just as ‘perfect?’

I have seen a few champagne diamonds before and thought they were amazing! From what I can see of your moissanite it looks really pretty and unique. What kind of setting are you thinking? If you’re willing to replace anyway I’d go with the mois and just replace if I got sick of the color…I don’t think I’d even bother with the asha.

Post # 12
    160 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

Ah, got it.  I’m a huge fan of champagne and agree with PP about setting in in a warmer metal. 

Post # 13
    1106 posts
    Bumble bee

luot:  I would def use the asha and your promise ring is gorgeous! 🙂

Post # 15
    1158 posts
    Bumble bee

luot:  interesting….well, you are making the call seeing them in real life so you have to go with your gut over the opinions of us only seeing these pictures! That said it definitely looks much different in the latest pictures you posted from the first. That is one thing about moissanite – super moody depending on lighting.

I too usually find moissanite I see in pictures on here to look buttery and definitely cloudy (as compared to asha or diamond) because the facets can blur due the double refraction, so I definitely get what you mean there and i don’t like that look either. If you feel like the asha looks that much better then I change my original advice and say go with that!

Or…can you have them both set? Then you can switch off based on your mood 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors