2 Anniversaries? Am I weird?

posted 2 years ago in Married Life
  • poll: Are we weird?
    Yep : (32 votes)
    41 %
    Nope : (41 votes)
    53 %
    Hmmm maybe I should start doing that... : (0 votes)
    Will explain down below. : (5 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 2
    2002 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

meowmeow071914:  We don’t do that anymore, if I happen to remember it I might mention it sweetly (ours is 10-16-05) but we don’t celebrate it, just our wedding anniversary now that we’re married. But our dating anniv. was a while ago, yours is still kind of recent so I can see why you still want to celebrate it. I’d guess in a few years you might not celebrate it the same way anymore with dinner and such.

Post # 3
    2273 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012 - Southern California

I suppose you could say we “celebrate” our dating anniversary still.  We don’t do gifts or anything extravagant, but we do dinner & acknowledge that was the day it all started.  It’s a good excuse to be extra lovey & eat out too haha.

Post # 4
    584 posts
    Busy bee

We’ve been celebrating both just because our 10 year dating anniversary is coming up but will stop celebrating that afterwards. It’s just so hard to not celebrate a dating anniversary when it’s 5 times as long as our marriage!

Post # 6
    195 posts
    Blushing bee

I think it’s fantastic and all couples should do it, maybe not a big over-the-top thing, but just an excuse to pause life and take some time together.

Post # 7
    6592 posts
    Bee Keeper

Our private ceremony will be the day after our dating anniversary, and our wedding celebration will be three months later. So we’ll recognize both anniversaries in the future.

Post # 8
    492 posts
    Helper bee

meowmeow071914:  I don’t think you are weird! We have always celebrated our dating anniversary.  We really wanted to get married on our dating anniversary, but had to settle for the weekend before.  I reckon we will probably from now on celebrate our wedding anniversary more – but the week after will also be very special still.

Post # 9
    108 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 1969

Both anniversaries are the same for us. We wanted to have them on the same date.

So yes, we celebrate both. 😉

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  TheHappyWife.
    Post # 10
    3530 posts
    Sugar bee

meowmeow071914:  Yes and no.  We made a year this past March, husband asked me to marry me in April, we got married in May.  So while we’ll acknowledge next year our original dating date, we won’t celebrate it like we would our marriage date.

Post # 11
    954 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

meowmeow071914:  DH and I got married the day after our dating anniversary, so they’re kind of combined now. We do however take time to celebrate the anniversary of the day we met! I always say, I feel like its more important, cause if it weren’t for that day we wouldn’t have anything else to celebrate 🙂 

Post # 12
    577 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

DH and I only celebrate our dating anniversary. We don’t celebrate our wedding anniversary. We have been together for 4 years, married for 2. For us it was pretty much love at first sight, we knew very soon after our first date that we were going to get married. By our wedding day, it felt like an arbitrary day that didn’t mean as much because we had already considered ourselves married for a long time. The wedding didn’t really change anything in our lives, but that first date sure did!

Post # 13
    1119 posts
    Bumble bee

meowmeow071914:  we’re getting married the day after our 5 year dating anniversary.  I’ve heard a lot of people forget their dating anniversary once they’re married and we wanted to keep both in a way that hopefully means we’ll still remember the dates and it means we get a two day celebration every year 🙂

Post # 14
    951 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2013 - A Beautiful converted Barn

meowmeow071914:  yup – we do! our 10 yr datig anniversary is April next year and our 1 year wedding anniversary is later this month and our 10 yr datig anniversary is April next year.

its DH that wants to keep celebrating our dating one… he “doesnt want to start counting again!” think he has something special planned as its the big 1-0… todme to book 2 days off work!!! 🙂

Post # 15
    513 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

We decided not to celebrate both because we thought it seemed greedy lol. We started dating in 2007 so we have been together for 7 years. We only got married this year and it was on a long weekend.. So it makes more sense for us to celebrate our wedding anniversary because we can travel on the extended weekend. We still keep count of our dating anniversary – just dont celebrate!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors