2 bouquets too much?

posted 3 years ago in Flowers
  • poll: Which bouquet?
    Silk flowers: no worries about wilting : (13 votes)
    41 %
    Real flowers: they will last long enough : (13 votes)
    41 %
    Get 2 bouquets : (6 votes)
    19 %
  • Post # 3
    965 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

@canadajane:  They won’t be perfect without a fridge on Friday night, but they won’t be falling apart and awful, either.

If you have the money, get two, if you don’t get silk.

Post # 4
    10748 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2014

I am getting real touch fake flowers. They look and feel a lot better than silk, but still last forever unlike real flowers. You should look into that!

Post # 5
    1137 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@canadajane:  I had a friend who got her pictures on a friday and then married the next tuesday and her roses were OK. She took MASSIVE care though. 

Post # 6
    4163 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

Your bouquet will last as long as you keep it in water. I brought mine to our mini-moon… was in good shape but wilted when I left it “alone” in the car on the way back.

The boutenneire may be a different story, though. Maybe have a second one that you can keep in one of those small water containers the whole time.

Post # 7
    9137 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

My bouquet still looked good two days later.  Make sure to put them in water in a cool room so they don’t wilt.  It also depends on the type of flowers because some are really delicate and wilt within a few hours while others are hardier and look great for days.  Ask your florist to use hardier flowers in your bouquet.

Also, there isn’t much use for a bouquet at a reception other than tossing it so if it doens’t survive a quick tossing bouquet can probably be tossed together.

Post # 9
    9652 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

@canadajane:  I think if you are going to go with real flowers just discuss with the florist flowers that are hardy and will hold up longer. As pp mentioned thou….real touch flowers are as close as you can get to the real thing and they look beautiful…..if it were me I’d be worried like crazy about them holding up so I’d go with the real touch instead!

Post # 10
    3344 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

Real flowers will definitely not last that long!  My husband’s bout wilted significantly over 24 hours.  It also only cost like $10-15, so you can easily afford two of these.  My bouquet held up well for 24 -48 hours.  It was decaying by 3 days and dead by 4.

I would have the nice bouquet for the ceremony and then a smaller toss bouquet for the reception.  You really don’t need a bouquet at the reception at all if you’re not tossing it.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors