(Closed) 2 bridal showers

posted 6 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
2775 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

It’s okay to have 2 showers if the guest lists don’t overlap.

Post # 4
Hostess
16217 posts
Honey Beekeeper

I actually ended up with three showers: one for my family and family-friends (aka, my parents’ friends); one with my husband’s family and family-friends; and one with my girlfriends.

Post # 5
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Two showers is fine! Sometimes it’s easier than getting certain members of divorced family to sit in the same room together =x

Post # 6
2702 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@sailor:  Ditto.  It’s perfectly okay to have more than one shower, you just have to make sure the guests lists don’t overlap.  They way you are thinking of dividing the guest list – friends/your family and your FI’s family – sounds perfect.

Post # 8
5892 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

i had 2…i’m from the west coast, and my wedding is out there too, but i live on the east coast, so one of my bridesmaids threw me a west cost shower in December when i was home and my MOH is throwing me one at the end of this month out  here….aren’t we spoiled??  i agree with PP- totally ok as long as guest lists don’t overlap (with the exception of mothers and bridal party, but make sure you expressly tell them gifts are not necessary!)

Post # 9
Hostess
11174 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I’m having three showers (yikes!) and the people throwing them just did a conference call and divided up the guest list. The way it worked out each shower will focus on different groups of people (friends, his family, my family).

The topic ‘2 bridal showers’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors