(Closed) 2 ceremonies

posted 6 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
3626 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I think your idea of doing the ceremonies makes more sense than doing them back to back, and your Fiance should appreciate that you will do a Catholic ceremony at all. You are being more than generous enough to even consider doing two ceremonies, and maybe you can remind him of that.

Post # 4
7312 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

Have you actually spoke with church officials about this? You may have some technical difficulties to work out wthat will dictate how things flow. You may have a hard time finding a church that is willing to perform the ceremony, as you are not Catholic. And you will likely have to agree, in your ceremony, to raise your (future) children in the Catholic church. Are you okay with that? And I would venture to say that the church would not be a fan of doing a second ceremony for you, as it would not be the legal ceremony and may be perceived as being “fake”. The non-religious ceremony would have a lot more freedom, so you really need to accomodate the religious ceremony first, and figure out the non-religious one second.

Post # 5
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

wow 2 ceremonies in one day? well heck you better get your 2nd dress out of it! honestly as a guest, i would be like what the heck! some of my family i could see only going to the 2nd one. but hey! do whatever suits the two of you! 

Post # 6
487 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Aren’t Catholic ceremonies like over an hour long and super strict about who they marry and at what times they marry?  Like I know that Saturday ceremonies for Catholics have to be pretty early or they’re done on Fridays.  Sounds exhausting to do all in one day.

Why did he convert recently may I ask?  I hope that’s not too intrusive.  It’s just not often I hear of people converting to Catholicism

Post # 8
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Oh my gosh I’m having the same thoughts! My FH is Hindu and I’m Catholic. We’re planning to have a Hindu ceremony at 1pm then Catholic ceremony at 4pm then reception at 7pm all at the same venue on the same day. I’m also thinking the day is going to be super long and a lot of people will not come the whole day since it’s so long. But when it comes down to it, I know our closest friends and family will be there so it wall all turn out ok. 

Also I will be changing 3 times! I have a Hindu ceremony outfit, traditional white wedding gown, and changin mid reception into a Hindu reception dress! It’s going to be so fun I wouldn’t worry about it!

Post # 10
315 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 1997

May I ask a question, have you and your fiance thought about one ceremony, an interfaith ceremony? These can be tricky at times to set up. However, if you had one ceremony then you would both be having the same ceremony. So you would be uniting in marriage in “eyes” of your church, equally together.

The topic ‘2 ceremonies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors