(Closed) 2 Dads father and daughter dance…HELP!!!!

posted 7 years ago in Family
Post # 3
1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

what about 2 songs? 2 dances?  maybe you can use one of his songs and do a dance with him.  or i saw a weddding recently with similar circumstances, where the bio father walked the bride about 1/3 down the aisle, and then the “step” (real) dad took her from there and gave her off to her husband…  (it was not a 1/2 and 1/2 iknow that, it may have been 1/4  and 3/4)

ronney

Post # 5
433 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I think it is great that he is at least trying to be a part of your life now. I have a similar situation. My dad was there but he never made himself a part of my life. It was hard for him to try and become a part of my life after so long. he was almost embarrassed, and disappointed in himself that he didn’t realize what he had been doing sooner.

I understand where you are coming from. i always wanted to have my grandfather walk me down the aisle. But I feel that he’s put such an effort into being the dad he was supposed to be that he does deserve some recognition for that. So he will be walking me down the aisle.

i think your step dad should by all means walk you down the aisle, he’s been in your life for so long, and you are probably much closer. He does deserve to be the one to give you away.

Here’s an option, what If you began the father daughter dance with your step Dad and then had your biological father step in later in the song. So your step dad will still be a part of this special time and i think that’s a great way to show your biological father that you accept him trying to be a better man, and you appreciate that he’s at least trying now. You can never make up for lost time but you can always create new memories. Personally I think it would be a great new memory for both of you.

The topic ‘2 Dads father and daughter dance…HELP!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors