(Closed) 2 dads – walking down the aisle?

posted 5 years ago in Family
Post # 3
5273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

You should do what you want & if you want them both to walk you, you should have the right to make that decision. 

What I would do is sit down with your mom and explain why it is important to you to have them both do it, and before she gets a chance to complain, flat out ask her to respect your decision as an adult. 

Now, I havn’t seen this happen in person, but I know other bees have had one dad/person walk them down part of the ailse and the other walk them the rest of the way and this has seemed to flow just fine. 

Post # 4
11760 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Wow, so sorry you are in such a tough situation. I haven’t experienced this myself so I  don’t know if I can even offer a good suggestion.  While I can understand why your biological father is upset by what happened to him, he should never have taken it out on his children!  Is there really a relationship with him to ruin by not having him walk you down the aisle? If this were me, I think I would be inclined to have the person who was my father figure walk me (be it a step dad, grandfather, cousin, etc). Good luck! I hope you can come to the solution that makes YOU happy.

Edit-I missed the part that you would prefer to have them both walk you down. If your dad is willing to do that (which seems like he might not given past actions and I honestly can’t really blame him – I’d never forgive a woman who slept with my husband, epsecially a friend of mine! but he should set aside his feelings for one day for you but just don’t think you should expect it).  Then, if both dads agree then go for it no matter what your mom says – it’s your day and you need to do what is best for you!

The topic ‘2 dads – walking down the aisle?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors