2 days before the wedding groomsman wants to wear a pin striped suit?

posted 3 years ago in Grooms/men
  • poll: do i make a big scene about him wearing it
    yes- you agreed on a suit choice. that is final : (14 votes)
    50 %
    yes, but let him change suits before the reception after all the pictures are don : (5 votes)
    18 %
    no- you may not be able to tell in pictures : (0 votes)
    no- just leave it ignore the stress... : (9 votes)
    32 %
  • Post # 3
    34 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: January 2014

I would be just like this:

Oh lord…. Have you tried talking to them???? because for god’s sake this is YOUR wedding!!! and I’m sure you guys spoke about what everyone would be wearing long time ago.. I think is very childish and selfish what they are doing and you should tell them that… my god they are so perfect for eachother trying to be the center of the atention…

Post # 5
    34 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: January 2014

@samlan414:  O M G… no… no… no..

In this case… BREATH… you cannot let them ruin your day, tell them that you are absolutely NOT happy with what they are doing so you can let go that feeling and then try to move on… focus in that it is your day, you are the bride and no matter what you’re going to look stunning and everybody is going to focus on you. I bet your dress is more beautiful than any silly BM dress and your FI will have eyes only for you. in the end of the day that’s all that matter.

Post # 7
    1234 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@samlan414:  I found out 6 days before the wedding that our best man (only person to stand with the groom) had yet to purchase a suit. All we asked of him (we gave him a year’s notice, BTW) was to wear a grey suit – didn’t even have to be a specific shade of grey, or the same a DH’s…

Well, he went to value village and bought a ”grey” suit (it’s actually a black suit).

I was very distraught at first, I mean how hard is it to get a grey suit? It’s the ONLY thing he was asked to do…

Well it wasn’t easy, but I let it go… I’d rather go with the flow than become a ”bridezilla” – even though it would have been totally justified for me to complain.

Here is how it turned out in the pics:

I’m actually really happy with my pictures (as long as I don’t think about the situation too long, as I am doing now, lol). They still look great despite the two guys not having the same attire. 

Good luck hun, decide what is right for you! Remember, you are the one that has to live with the pictures/day forever, not them…

Post # 8
    1234 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@samlan414:  About the hair… I don’t think ANYONE or ANY HAIR can outshine a bride on her wedding day… 

My sister had peach/pink hair as my MOH, lol.

Post # 10
    2565 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I think you are just letting the stress get to you.  If every guy is just wearing his own suit, who cares if one is pin stripe?  Also, both those hair styles are very pretty and you will both look great.

It would take a lot more than a few faint lines on a suit and a hair style to ruin a wedding.  So I think you need to just let it go, relax, and enjoy your wedding.

Post # 12
    2913 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Wynn Las Vegas

@O.My.Heart:  Your best man’s suit looks totally grey to me. If someone told me to go buy a grey suit I would probably come back with that too. The problem is there are so many different shades, and the darker one is more run of the mill for a suit.

Post # 13
    11772 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

I’d strike a compromise–he can wear it to the reception.

Post # 15
    8701 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

I love a man in a pinstripe suit, so I’d be thrilled.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors